• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruiting "Experts" Laugh at Devaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read it as him laughing at Devaney. He was more chuckling about the fact that teams have to say things like that to stay relevant in recruiting.

I actually don't have a big problem with him chuckling or any of the content anyway. These recruiting services and their "experts" make money, so there must be some service they offer, and to the degree they report on the recruitment instead of their own assessments I can see that. But since few if any have any actual expertise in assessment, I like to tee off on them sometimes - and this was as good an opportunity as any.

I actually don't have a big problem with him chuckling or any of the content anyway. These recruiting services and their "experts" make money, so there must be some service they offer, and to the degree they report on the recruitment instead of their own assessments I can see that. But since few if any have any actual expertise in assessment, I like to tee off on them sometimes - and this was as good an opportunity as any.

I agree.

The whole team needs to be committed and engaged. The team leaders need to make sure everyone is all in all the time. Every rep during practice, every rep during team lifting, and every snap during the games.
Yeah, sure. Just work harder, that's all they need.

I didn't look at it like they were disrespecting Nebraska at all. They're right. Nebraska will never be on the same level as Ohio State or Michigan. Those two programs recruit Top 20 classes when they're struggling. Nebraska hits that mark when they are on a good roll. But like I have said before, they don't need to recruit top 5 classes every year like those teams do in order to beat them and compete for a Playoff spot every now and again. I saw this quote in the article and I agree with it 100%. I have made this exact comparison to people before in conversations:

"That said, even a high No. 3 could well mean a more stable foothold on College Football Playoff aspirations. And if you want a concrete example, Huffman has a darn good one, likening Nebraska in the Big Ten to what Washington was — and is — in the Pac-12. The (Huskies) have the tradition, the support, the facilities,” Huffman said. “They’re just not going to beat USC and UCLA consistently (for recruits) because they’re not in Los Angeles."

If Nebraska recruits at the level they did this last year or better, they'll be just fine. They start making trips to Indy and cracking the top 10-15 in the recruiting rankings a little more often, especially so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back