• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruiting "Experts" Laugh at Devaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskernut

ChatGPT bot
15 Year Member
I just love stuff like this story linked on the front page. A whole article pretending these recruiting website "gurus" have enough of a clue about anything to judge any active coach at the college level. Heck I'll even take that down to any active coach at the Pee Wee level.

I suppose it's no different than sportswriters, but when they are condescending and patronizing, like this fellow Allen Trieu (if this was accurately reported):

“I mean, ultimately, you’ve got to admire the spirit,” chuckled Allen Trieu, Scout’s Midwest football recruiting manager...

Who is Allen Trieu? Well his Linked In profile says that very recently he was actually a Test Prep tutor. Surely he knows more than a long time former NFL guy what's what. :Rolf:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/allen-trieu-020a5a11

Recruiting experts: Nebraska Cornhuskers personnel man Billy Devaney’s jabs at Ohio State, Michigan are crazy like a fox
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/r...el-man-devaneys-comments-crazy-crazy-like-fox

Last edited:
They are kind of smug about it.

Then again a lot of the recruiting guys from all services have day jobs for reason.

These guys certainly know their stuff. The Big 8 was a complete cakewalk compared to the Big Ten now. During the last decade of Big 8 football, the league only won 4 national championships with 3 different teams.

I just hope it adds focus/fuel to the team. I think with Eply overseeing the S&C and doing his performance tests we will start to see a change. Another thing that's bothered me for a while now is team attitude, once we hired JP last season I knew he'd help bring that element. We have to get our players knowing/thinking they are the baddest mofos out there, once we have that then these guys will say different things about us. Right now we're still have beens.

Last edited:
The "pundits" may ultimately end up being right, but I do know one thing...NU will never compete with OSU and Michigan if people in high places like Devaney don't have the attitude and conviction he conveys. It sure beats the heck out of hearing excuses all the time about how difficult it is to recruit at NU. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

I just hope it adds focus/fuel to the team. I think with Eply overseeing the S&C and doing his performance tests we will start to see a change. Another thing that's bothered me for a while now is team attitude, once we hired JP last season I knew he'd help bring that element. We have to get our players knowing/thinking they are the baddest mofos out there, once we have that then these guys will say different things about us. Right now we're still have beens.

The whole team needs to be committed and engaged. The team leaders need to make sure everyone is all in all the time. Every rep during practice, every rep during team lifting, and every snap during the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "pundits" may ultimately end up being right, but I do know one thing...NU will never compete with OSU and Michigan if people in high places like Devaney don't have the attitude and conviction he conveys. It sure beats the heck out of hearing excuses all the time about how difficult it is to recruit at NU. We'll see who gets the last laugh.
Agreed. Just remember we were all told for over a year that we would never hear "President Donald Trump". Yet here we are. So we should always be fighting to be on the same level as OSU and MI. If not why bother.

In this case, you just could not be more right. Spot on post. Nebraska has everything and more to offer a recruit. Second to none. Must travel. BFD, overcome it. Attitude is what's necessary. Love it. Let's go get'em.

Holy cow we have found the Holy grail of threads. When you can get Suhp, HIO, and myself to all agree on something then we have truly entered rare air.

I didn't read it as him laughing at Devaney. He was more chuckling about the fact that teams have to say things like that to stay relevant in recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back