• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Blitz

TnHusker87

Mayor of Shinola
5 Year Member
Playing off the front page, LJS article & thinking back to a year ago how this staff went on a whirlwind of multi-tasking. They have a singular purpose this coming month & wishing them much success finding the studs we need on the defensive side of the ball and improved depth all around!!

GBR!

This is the one tangible area where we've already seen Frost excel for the Huskers. Regime changes typically turn first signing classes into a mad scramble - and last year was no different. But Frost hit the ground running and the energy and focus he and his staff displayed last year was nothing short of extraordinary. What was so impressive was how organized Frost and his recruiting staff were. How set up they were with high caliber contingency plan B and C options. Despite only having two months to fill the 2018 class, Frost proved to have a deeper board heading to the finish line than any of his predecessors dating back to Tom Osborne. And we're talking four-star kids.

When Scott Frost was hired on December 2, he inherited a recruiting class that would eventually dwindle to six players. Nebraska was ranked 89th in the 247Sports Composite recruiting rankings. Despite only being on the job for roughly 9 weeks - over 3 of those falling during a recruiting dead period - Frost signed a class that finished 22nd according to the 247 Composite, tied for the highest rated class Nebraska has signed since 2011 - a class signed after the Huskers had been to back-to-back conference title games. All told, Frost added 19 players to accompany the five holdovers from the previous staff. Twelve of them were rated as a four-star recruit by at least one recruiting service. Rivals rated Nebraska's previous three coaches' regime-change classes 27th (2004, Callahan), 30th (2008, Pelini) and 31st (2015, Riley). They rated Frost's 2018 class 21st.

I am interested in watching how this final recruiting stretch plays out for Nebraska. I think Frost pulls a rabbit or two out of his hat.

:Corn2:
This is the one tangible area where we've already seen Frost excel for the Huskers. Regime changes typically turn first signing classes into a mad scramble - and last year was no different. But Frost hit the ground running and the energy and focus he and his staff displayed last year was nothing short of extraordinary. What was so impressive was how organized Frost and his recruiting staff were. How set up they were with high caliber contingency plan B and C options. Despite only having two months to fill the 2018 class, Frost proved to have a deeper board heading to the finish line than any of his predecessors dating back to Tom Osborne. And we're talking four-star kids.

When Scott Frost was hired on December 2, he inherited a recruiting class that would eventually dwindle to six players. Nebraska was ranked 89th in the 247Sports Composite recruiting rankings. Despite only being on the job for roughly 9 weeks - over 3 of those falling during a recruiting dead period - Frost signed a class that finished 22nd according to the 247 Composite, tied for the highest rated class Nebraska has signed since 2011 - a class signed after the Huskers had been to back-to-back conference title games. All told, Frost added 19 players to accompany the five holdovers from the previous staff. Twelve of them were rated as a four-star recruit by at least one recruiting service. Rivals rated Nebraska's previous three coaches' regime-change classes 27th (2004, Callahan), 30th (2008, Pelini) and 31st (2015, Riley). They rated Frost's 2018 class 21st.

I am interested in watching how this final recruiting stretch plays out for Nebraska. I think Frost pulls a rabbit or two out of his hat.

From my understanding rabbits multiply so i'm hoping for 3

@N2FL Any idea where he is headed or who some of the bigger names on our board are that he will try to be in home with this next couple of weeks?

@N2FL Any idea where he is headed or who some of the bigger names on our board are that he will try to be in home with this next couple of weeks?

I think their plan is to see the commitments first, right out of the gate, which makes sense. You want to line things up with them signing on Dec. 19 and when they will be taking their OV if they haven't yet. If they are an early enrollee, there's some other things you'll want to cover and plan.

Then I think they'll look at some guys who they are finalists with and determine if those kids plan to sign early or if they are going to take it to February. Again, figure out the best time to lock in there OV. Some kids you'll want to bring in ASAP, others you might prefer a January trip.

I know they're visiting Wandale Robinson on Tuesday. Probably to make one last push and gauge their chances. They'll either continue to press him, or cut bait and use their time and energy on other kids.

I think their plan is to see the commitments first, right out of the gate, which makes sense. You want to line things up with them signing on Dec. 19 and when they will be taking their OV if they haven't yet. If they are an early enrollee, there's some other things you'll want to cover and plan.

Then I think they'll look at some guys who they are finalists with and determine if those kids plan to sign early or if they are going to take it to February. Again, figure out the best time to lock in there OV. Some kids you'll want to bring in ASAP, others you might prefer a January trip.

I know they're visiting Wandale Robinson on Tuesday. Probably to make one last push and gauge their chances. They'll either continue to press him, or cut bait and use their time and energy on other kids.

Are you aware of any current commitments that might jump ship?

Had to make sure it was okay to share.

Attachments

• GNHusker.png
    GNHusker.png
    909.4 KB · Views: 154

Thanks ... and, center has been an issue for a few years. Farmer was serviceable enough but no Dave Rimington.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back