• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Maurice Washington is N!!! / Commitment Day Talk Starts on Page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if any of Maurice's quotes have been posted from this Rival's story, so here goes. Some concerning, some encouraging.

My recruiting process was weird, and kind of fell off, but I want to get back on it,” Washington said. “I don’t really want to make excuses, but I was struggling. I stopped going to school and my grades just really collapsed. I had to just start over and I’m getting it back together.

he said that he planned to take an official visit to Lincoln on January 12, and after picking up his offer from the Volunteers just two days ago, he said that he already has plans to official to Knoxville on January 26.

A third official visit could be in the cards to Ole Miss, which offered him in August, but following the game he said that he hopes the likes of Michigan State and UCLA are teams that choose to get involved with him going forward. During his week in Orlando, he said a few of his fellow all-americans had been pushing the Bruins on him.

“I feel like the real connection was getting to know Coach (DeShaun) Foster more and really hanging with [Dorian Thompson-Robinson] and
Bryan Addison

As for the Huskers, Nebraska should benefit from UCF choosing to recognize new head coach Scott Frost as a national championship-winning coach after leading the Knights to an undefeated season and a thrilling Peach Bowl win over Auburn.

“Coach Scott Frost - me and him have been real close,” he said. “Coach (Ryan) Held, we’ve all been talking a lot; really every day.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/maurice-washington-calls-out-rivals-com-wins-ua-game-mvp

GAME CHANGER

w7h5ljp4hvny0cr7hvxa

Maurice Washington

This award goes to the player who had the biggest impact in the game itself and clearly it’s little-known Maurice Washington
who scored touchdowns rushing and receiving. Washington called out Rivals.com this week and said he would prove us wrong during the game and he sure did.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ua-all-america-game-the-farrell-awards

Also got a CB to Ole Miss...from an Ole Miss insider. Trust Wiltfong on these CB's. He is the most in-the-know guy at 247. When he puts his CB in, people tend to piggyback him. If he says Nebraska, for now, unless he flips, I'd say Nebraska is the clear leader at this point with an OV still to go. I like your chances right now.

Also got a CB to Ole Miss...from an Ole Miss insider. Trust Wiltfong on these CB's. He is the most in-the-know guy at 247. When he puts his CB in, people tend to piggyback him. If he says Nebraska, for now, unless he flips, I'd say Nebraska is the clear leader at this point with an OV still to go. I like your chances right now.
Running backs have struggled to be average under Riley. It's a position of immediate need hopefully the coaches can land this guy.

I

If Grades are an issue maybe other schools have cooled.
I would say that is a distinct possibility. My limited experience with college recruiters is that one of the first things they do when they are interested in an athlete is to check his/her transcripts.

One of these days we'll get you to say "our chances" :)

Two new 247Sports Crystal Balls in favor of Ole Mi$$.

This one is far from over and is just getting started.

All I know is that a talent like that would shine in Frost's offense.

:N:

That kids School, door bell and phone are going to get lit up starting on tuesday!

Everyone struggles when the OL struggles.
I just can't blame in the offensive line Abdullah ran behind an average line. Husker backs went down too easily and rarely made anyone miss. Yes the line could have been better but a lack of speed and fitness was evident.Maybe it was coaching or play design but I just don't see the line taking all of the blame.
The running game will improve with better coaching and play calling with the same offensive line. It will improve drastically with better backs.

Quit going to school, begging for mich/ucla offers...something doesn't give me a good feeling about this guy long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back