• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Maurice Washington is N!!! / Commitment Day Talk Starts on Page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks he's a three-star talent doesn't know what they're talking about. ESPN is the only service that has this kid rated properly.
That is almost oxymoronic isn't it?

Last edited:

I think Washington is the best of the bunch. I think Miles Jones is a very good schematic fit, he can play in the slot and even in the backfield getting carries. Henry is a good fit as well, but below Washington on the RB preference. If they can get Washington and Miles, they'd be ecstatic IMO. Both are four-star talents IMPO. I'd be interested to see if they took Henry as well if they got the other two. With the needs and interest they have at other spots from other talented prospects, my initial opinion is no. But I could see it.

I trust your judgment/assessment here, thanks for the response. I realize it is speculative, but would you anticipate there is a preference for Jones over Henry simply because he is in Lincoln this weekend and Henry is not?

Probably seems like I am pining for a commitment from Jones, but I see a back who cuts effortlessly and gets vertical in a big hurry. Glider. The versatility of a back like this - who also appears to run inside as much as outside - could be an integral addition to the offense. Personally I am more hopeful for a commitment from Daniel Carson and Cam Jones this weekend, as well as Jean-Baptiste (though a long shot IMO), but Miles Jones is right after those guys for me.

Don't pretend they are gonna make sure these kids are some kind of school valedictorian. They just want to make sure they get admitted. Let's not kid ourselves.

And STAY eligible! Its more work than "rocket science"!

I trust your judgment/assessment here, thanks for the response. I realize it is speculative, but would you anticipate there is a preference for Jones over Henry simply because he is in Lincoln this weekend and Henry is not?

Probably seems like I am pining for a commitment from Jones, but I see a back who cuts effortlessly and gets vertical in a big hurry. Glider. The versatility of a back like this - who also appears to run inside as much as outside - could be an integral addition to the offense. Personally I am more hopeful for a commitment from Daniel Carson and Cam Jones this weekend, as well as Jean-Baptiste (though a long shot IMO), but Miles Jones is right after those guys for me.

Scott Frost doesn't look at offensive positions as conventionally as most coaches. Sure he'll recruit a kid like Greg Bell and Maurice Washington and those kind of guys will primarily be RB's. But those guys will also be able to line up wide in a five WR set. In a lot of his formations, Frost will have a 4 or 5 WR look and motion a guy into the backfield, or vice versa, before the snap. He's going to recruit weapons as much as anything. Kids need to be athletic and fast enough to take advantage of the one-on-one situations this offense will put them in.

He'll recruit guys who are primarily WR's as well, but having guys who can also be a threat to handle a zone read assignment on some plays will be something he looks for. A guy like JD Spielman will be the prototype WR moving forward IMO. Last year UCF had 16 different players with a rushing attempt and 17 players who caught a pass. Think about that stat. He had more guys with a rushing attempt than schools who run the ball for a living and more guys with a catch than teams who pass all the time.

Back to your question, yeah I think they want Jones more since he fits more of the WR slot than Henry. The staff has Bell and would like to add another RB like Washington, Corbin or Henry. The bigger need is at WR, especially now if Woodyard doesn't make it (which I have heard he will by summer). Henry is more the RB target and they have higher guys on their board. Jones is a better player, IMPO, and plays a more needed position. I've heard a lot of comparisons for Miles Jones to UCF's Otis Anderson, and those sound about right. Those guys are built very similar (Anderson is listed at 5'11, 164) and have a similar skill set. Anderson rushed for 494 yards and had 351 receiving. I think they can show Jones exactly how they'll use him in this offense and have clips and plays as proof. I would be surprised if Jones wasn't committed by tomorrow.

Very nice, hope you are spot on. Sorry to derail this thread from Washington by putting focus on Miles Jones, my bad on that one.
No derail at all....with Jones on campus, getting his flip is definitely related to Washington. If a Washington has his grades figured out, Frost would live both these guys based on what he likes to do on offense.

It seems less and less likely that he will visit since all the other scheduled visitors, if they all come, will total 62 OV's out of 62 allowed.

It seems less and less likely that he will visit since all the other scheduled visitors, if they all come, will total 62 OV's out of 62 allowed.
I would imagine that if the coaches think he will qualify academically they will save or find an OV spot for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back