• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Maurice Washington is N!!! / Commitment Day Talk Starts on Page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

not sure who it was on Severe's show just a little bit ago...Rosenthal maybe? Anyway, he was pretty skeptical on this one.

Side note.. Mother nature is not going to make it pleasant for weekend visitors this week. It is supposed to start raining Wednesday evening, changing over to snow Wednesday night through Thursday. Up to 6 inches of blowing snow predicted for Lincoln with low temperatures Friday and Saturday heading into "below zero" range. Travel is expected to be difficult with a layer of ice covered by the snow.

If we get commits from weekend visitors, we can really assume they are all "N" after they go through what is expected to be coming. GBR!

Sam McKewon on TBL thought Washington played ‘too well’ at the AA game and would have more teams interested in him, thereby making it much more difficult for the Huskers to land him. He hoped we’d get him, but he thinks it’ll be harder now. Be great guy for the Huskers to get.

Side note.. Mother nature is not going to make it pleasant for weekend visitors this week. It is supposed to start raining Wednesday evening, changing over to snow Wednesday night through Thursday. Up to 6 inches of blowing snow predicted for Lincoln with low temperatures Friday and Saturday heading into "below zero" range. Travel is expected to be difficult with a layer of ice covered by the snow.

If we get commits from weekend visitors, we can really assume they are all "N" after they go through what is expected to be coming. GBR!
If the recruits like the coaching staff, football program and history, facilities, educational assistance, etc. I am hoping the weather is a non issue. Who knows? Maybe the warm weather recruits will kind of like the snow. Something they don't see very often.

Sam McKewon on TBL thought Washington played ‘too well’ at the AA game and would have more teams interested in him, thereby making it much more difficult for the Huskers to land him. He hoped we’d get him, but he thinks it’ll be harder now. Be great guy for the Huskers to get.
As of now at least, everything I read on the premium/pay recruiting sites has him petty solid for NU. Hope the coaches close the deal this weekend.

He was awesome in that game the other day, clearly the cream of the crop in that instance.

Hoping he has the kind of visit that makes him say, "I have decided to commit to the University of Nebraska and will not take anymore visits."
:Cheers:

iu

On the effect of weather - I was traveling from the East Coast to Lincoln during Christmas vacation one year, and flights were grounded in Chicago. We were bussed to a train in the south of Illinois. That took us in a blizzard to Lincoln where Police cars were meeting passengers embarking to take them where they were going.

Coach Tom was on the train shepherding a recruit, and since I had known him for some time, we talked a bit. I asked the recruits name and what he might think of this weather. He said it wasn't much different from the recruits home town so he was probably OK with it. It was Jerry Tagge.

Come on, man! That's like saying "I drank too much at the Dirty Pisswater Served by Toothless Fat Octogenarians Festival last year so I'm skipping the Milk and Honey Served by Nubile Bikini Models Festival this year."

Well... if you put it THAT way, then... GBR!!!

On the effect of weather - I was traveling from the East Coast to Lincoln during Christmas vacation one year, and flights were grounded in Chicago. We were bussed to a train in the south of Illinois. That took us in a blizzard to Lincoln where Police cars were meeting passengers embarking to take them where they were going.

Coach Tom was on the train shepherding a recruit, and since I had known him for some time, we talked a bit. I asked the recruits name and what he might think of this weather. He said it wasn't much different from the recruits home town so he was probably OK with it. It was Jerry Tagge.

Dude, you're definitely showing your age there! :Stickouttongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back