• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Maurice Washington is N!!! / Commitment Day Talk Starts on Page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh. Saw an article that Washington had “raised his stock”. https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...-from-Under-Armour-All-America-week-113234157

I assume that means he’s going SEC, since the rest of the conferences still only offer to pay for school.
That could happen...but here's what I'm thinking. Many of those top SEC schools have already signed a majority of their classes, so Nebraska still has a great shot. Get him on campus on Jan. 12 so that Frost, Walters, and Held can show him how he fits into their offense. If that happens, I like Frost and his staff's chances.

Saw the interview during the game...definitely seemed like he was hoping for better offers than he currently had.
I just watched the interview again. Here's what he said.

Question: "Where are you at in the recruiting process, right now?"

Washington: "I've had a lot of struggle in the recruiting process...so I think I have the least amount of notoriety of all the guys here...So when I got invited, I felt it was a privilege and honor, and I had to come out tonight and ball, but I'm really under the radar, right now."

Comment: "Not any more."

Washington: "I hope not. I hope not."

It certainly could be taken that he would like other offers. Since the staff just offered last week, I still like NU's chances. Just have to get him on campus.

Get him on campus and show him an Adrian Killins highlight reel... I see this kid fitting in to several different roles on offense. He was electric tonight

Kid runs way bigger than the scale would indicate. He ran with power.

But is he the qualification risk that someone mentioned earlier?
Well since we already have a RB in this class I think it is OK to take a risk on this guy making it. He has that kind of talent. If he does not make it you are already good to go for this class. Not like our cupboard is bare right now. Maybe no superstars but definitely serviceable guys in the room. Also I think the guys we have will do better with a better line blocking.

Steve Wiltfong with a CB to Nebraska. This kid would be a great addition.

the kid hasn't even visited yet? what information would Wiltfong have that he would CB him to Nebraska? is he just jumping out ahead of the pack so he can be first?

I saw him play yesterday. He is not a 3 star or a 4 star. He is a star, period. I sure hope we can get this guy on campus. What an addition! He plays hungry and tough. I was also worried about his interview, and it seemed like he wanted "better" offers. However, it could be that he just wanted that fourth star next to his name.

I'm not sure if any of Maurice's quotes have been posted from this Rival's story, so here goes. Some concerning, some encouraging.

My recruiting process was weird, and kind of fell off, but I want to get back on it,” Washington said. “I don’t really want to make excuses, but I was struggling. I stopped going to school and my grades just really collapsed. I had to just start over and I’m getting it back together.

he said that he planned to take an official visit to Lincoln on January 12, and after picking up his offer from the Volunteers just two days ago, he said that he already has plans to official to Knoxville on January 26.

A third official visit could be in the cards to Ole Miss, which offered him in August, but following the game he said that he hopes the likes of Michigan State and UCLA are teams that choose to get involved with him going forward. During his week in Orlando, he said a few of his fellow all-americans had been pushing the Bruins on him.

“I feel like the real connection was getting to know Coach (DeShaun) Foster more and really hanging with [Dorian Thompson-Robinson] and
Bryan Addison

As for the Huskers, Nebraska should benefit from UCF choosing to recognize new head coach Scott Frost as a national championship-winning coach after leading the Knights to an undefeated season and a thrilling Peach Bowl win over Auburn.

“Coach Scott Frost - me and him have been real close,” he said. “Coach (Ryan) Held, we’ve all been talking a lot; really every day.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/maurice-washington-calls-out-rivals-com-wins-ua-game-mvp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back