• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Maurice Washington is N!!! / Commitment Day Talk Starts on Page 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the effect of weather - I was traveling from the East Coast to Lincoln during Christmas vacation one year, and flights were grounded in Chicago. We were bussed to a train in the south of Illinois. That took us in a blizzard to Lincoln where Police cars were meeting passengers embarking to take them where they were going.

Coach Tom was on the train shepherding a recruit, and since I had known him for some time, we talked a bit. I asked the recruits name and what he might think of this weather. He said it wasn't much different from the recruits home town so he was probably OK with it. It was Jerry Tagge.

Great story! Ends with 2 national championships. Yah, I'd tell that one a few more times.

Here's an interesting nugget from another thread...

Mike Schaefer was on the radio this morning and said Washington is no longer visiting this weekend.

Now I'm going to paraphrase... Schaefer implied Nebraska is still the favorite here, but that Washington needs to get some things in order academically first, and that since the number of remaining OVs are scarce, Nebraska wants to make sure everything is cleared with Washington before potentially "wasting" an OV.

Schaefer also pointed out that the number of remaining OVs also impacted who can OV during the spring. He emphasized that the staff will use them all up now if they need to, but the early OVs that juniors are now allowed to take in the spring counts against the current OV total. The allowable OV total doesn't "reset" until August. Just passing along what Schaefer said.

NU asking Washington to hold off makes sense, but the NCAA on the bold part...

804663.gif

If he ends up having to go JUCO, it would be nice to have a coach with some JUCO connections. :Sarcasm:
That what I was thinking. Let him go that route and see how it goes and snatch him up next year and he will be ready to play right away

Almost expected when a kid has attended 3 different high schools in two different states.

The staff is going to go visit him next week and if his transcripts are good enough to get admitted, they'll have him OV the 19th. If they don't think he can get in, look for them to transition to Henry and lock him down.
Sounds like a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back