• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Jaylin Bradley is N

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough. I do think we have gotten some very good RBs each year he is here whether he was responsible for them or not. If we can deal with his recruiting seemingly being a liability for what he brings coaching, that's a good thing. I think the problem can be that just like Charlton Warren found Ozigbo for him, he may not be bringing anyone to the table for the other coaches. Somewhat one sided if that makes sense. But again, if he's a good enough coach, doesn't much matter.

Is the coaching/development at RB that great though? Maybe it is... I am just asking the question.

Personally, I haven't seen it translate on the field. We run a committee approach where the featured back seems to change every few weeks. Despite playing 13 games, we haven't had a 1,000-yard rusher either season. With the exception of the Minnesota game, the screen game hasn't been exceptional. Production from the running game is almost non-existent against good teams. Even forgetting the mighty East division, I would say that at least half of the teams in the West division appear to have better running backs than we do.

I'm not saying that all of this is on Davis. Certainly things like injuries, problems on the O-Line, and general play-calling factor into it.

Is the coaching/development at RB that great though? Maybe it is... I am just asking the question.

Personally, I haven't seen it translate on the field. We run a committee approach where the featured back seems to change every few weeks. Despite playing 13 games, we haven't had a 1,000-yard rusher either season. With the exception of the Minnesota game, the screen game hasn't been exceptional. Production from the running game is almost non-existent against good teams. Even forgetting the mighty East division, I would say that at least half of the teams in the West division appear to have better running backs than we do.

I'm not saying that all of this is on Davis. Certainly things like injuries, problems on the O-Line, and general play-calling factor into it.

Newby looked like a new back this year and, as mentioned above, fumbling has decreased quite a bit.

Newby looked like a new back this year and, as mentioned above, fumbling has decreased quite a bit.

Newby made some plays this year but he was not a playmaker. We need a playmaker back there. Hopefully the Jaylin will be one for us!

Last edited:

Newby made some plays this year but he was not a playmaker. We need a playmaker back there. Hopefully the Jaylin will be one for us!
You can only be a "play maker" if the personnel around you (offensive line) does their job and creates the lanes. If you have a great OL, then most good RB can be play makers. I hope the kid stays academically eligible. Seems to have some issues there. Also, anyone know his 40 time?

Last edited:
You can only be a "play maker" if the personnel around you (offensive line) does their job and creates the lanes. If you have a great OL, then most good RB can be play makers. I hope the kid stays academically eligible. Seems to have some issues there. Also, anyone know his 40 time?
And what do you think of his commitment. Or is your Modus Operandi de momento to pollute every thread on the recruiting board with half truths about the line?

Me getting excited watching this film. I can't wait till he gets on campus :Drool:
In all fairness, I'm not sure why this film gets you excited. He's not even getting touched by defense. I'm not trying to say he isn't a good pick-up, just that this film doesn't really show anything either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back