1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid Air Fryers

Discussion in 'Max's Kitchen' started by bugeater61, Sep 24, 2015.

1. KingTM

KingTM All Big 10 2 Year Member

Does anybody but me charcoal (with a few lumps of hickory) grill their wings? I tried it many years ago and never looked back.

CrabHusker likes this.
  2. CrabHusker

CrabHusker Travel Squad 2 Year Member

Lump charcoal and chunks of (insert species of wood based on meat being cooked) is my go to for everything.

3. chicago husker

chicago husker Red Shirt 2 Year Member

My grills and my smoker are all in need and this lamp and my dog. here craphead.

4. chicago husker

chicago husker Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I see the forum has turned to political correct and craphead isn't what i typed.

5. KingTM

Absolutely. I fired up my gas grill exactly two times this year and that's only because I had to, due to time constraints. For pig I use apple and/or cherry. For beef I use hickory and for poultry I try to find peach, if I can. Wings are the exception though, Ms. King far prefers hickory over anything else I've tried.

6. KingTM

LOL. Don't forget the beer and whiskey. They are absolutely essential to outdoor, culinary adventures. :thumbsup:

Indeed.

7. CrabHusker

I've been using a lot of hickory and pecan because they're both easy to find in the Carolina's. I agree with Mrs. King, but Mesquite smoked wings do not suck.

8. KingTM

You know, I've never smoked with mesquite. I've been told it's bitter.

9. CrabHusker

I'd call it spicy. It's not a good fit for subtle meats or folks that don't like extra kick, but I'll start out with mesquite for wings to get a good smoke on them and switch to apple or pecan mixed with lump charcoal to finish them off.

10. KingTM

Personally, I'm a fan of bold flavor and I like a LOT of smoke on my BBQ so I'll have to give that a shot. You switch woods when you're smoking wings? How long do you leave yours on?

11. CrabHusker

So am I. I love a good heavily hickory smoked brisket and I'll smoke that mother the whole time. If I'm in a hurry I'll smoked for 30-45 minutes and finish on the grill, but my normal smoked wings are 4-6 hours and I'll always either start with mesquite or hickory and apple seems to be the best finish. Keeps adding smoke but it's a little sweeter.