• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Randy Stella

djlhuskerfan

Starter
15 Year Member
Randy Stella was shot and injured by an unknown person w/ dreadlocks driving away in red Dodge pickup in Omaha. Wish him the best!

Stella was a pretty good player. I can't recall why he was kicked off the team, and why he was never reinstated. I believe Solich wanted him back, but the powers that be overruled him.

Randy Stella won't return to Huskers

Apr 6, 2002

Randy Stella will not rejoin the Nebraska football team.

Stella had been suspended from the team since before last season's fall camp for violating unnamed team rules.

Nebraska coach Frank Solich announced Friday that Stella would not return.

"We have tried to make it work with Randy Stella, but it has not,” Solich said. "Randy will not be a part of the team this spring or next fall. It's not a good situation for anyone involved, but we wish him the best.”

Solich said he has spoken with Stella and that the decision was permanent.

It appeared earlier last summer as if Stella would return to the Huskers. His bio was included in the preseason guide last year, but something apparently went wrong on Stella's road back to rejoining the team.

http://www.theindependent.com/huske...cle_b9e81475-4d33-587f-a698-2bedd6ac2c04.html

Stella was an incredible athlete. How many linebackers return kickoffs? Unfortunate he didn’t have a long NFL career. Nevertheless, this isn’t a good situation. Hope he’s in store for a full recovery.

I remember the game against K-State when he blocked a punt for a safety. Crowd was chanting “STELLA! STELLA! STELLA!” Awesome moment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back