• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Randy Gregory...yes...again.

A little history:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/topics/crime/the-war-on-drugs

Making pot a schedule 1 drug was an attack on black voting rights, nothing more, nothing less. Your hysterical, uninformed defense of what is clearly BS based on available evidence is laughable.
You need to read your own article. It specifically says Making marijuana illegal was an attack on Hippy voting rights and making Heroin illegal was to suppress the black vote. But hey half truths are as good as any right? So i would say even though it may have had an inauspicious beginning. Making heroin illegal was probably not a bad thing. Especially since opioid dependency is one of the leading killers in today's society.

For the record I am all for the use of Marijuana and CBD oils as an alternative to opioids. Especially as a pain alternative and an alternative for depression. I am not for the legalization for recreational use.

You need to read your own article. It specifically says Making marijuana illegal was an attack on Hippy voting rights and making Heroin illegal was to suppress the black vote. But hey half truths are as good as any right? So i would say even though it may have had an inauspicious beginning. Making heroin illegal was probably not a bad thing. Especially since opioid dependency is one of the leading killers in today's society.

For the record I am all for the use of Marijuana and CBD oils as an alternative to opioids. Especially as a pain alternative and an alternative for depression. I am not for the legalization for recreational use.

But how do you feel about Alcohol for recreational use?

C

20 years from now people will be remembering these types of things like we remember prohibition. There will probably be bars with themes and everything.

Hopefully the next generation of NFL players who get to legally use weed responsibly will look back at Randy as one of the last guys who had to live through the old NFL rules and regs and not as a guy who wasted a career because of it.

But how do you feel about Alcohol for recreational use?

C
I have had this argument with my son. The issue is That you can tell with alcohol when someone is currently under the influence by scientific testing via Breathalyzer or blood test. With marijuana/MJ products all you can do is tell that THC was used recently. There are no reliable tests for if the user is currently under the influence. So it is almost impossible to convict driving or operating machinery under the influence. So it is a safety issue.
http://time.com/3930541/marijuana-impact-driving/
If science can develop a quick and accurate way to measure currrent usage I might change my mind.

For the record there are plenty of articles from Drug Enforcement agencies and User rights advocates that dispute each other. I chose the time article because it was more balanced.

I have had this argument with my son. The issue is That you can tell with alcohol when someone is currently under the influence by scientific testing via Breathalyzer or blood test. With marijuana/MJ products all you can do is tell that THC was used recently. There are no reliable tests for if the user is currently under the influence. So it is almost impossible to convict driving or operating machinery under the influence. So it is a safety issue.
If science can develop a quick and accurate way to measure currrent usage I might change my mind.

For the record there are plenty of articles from Drug Enforcement agencies and User rights advocates that dispute each other. I chose the time article because it was more balanced.

This is the only argument against the legalization of cannabis for recreational use that I actually agree with. Take this out of the equation and I can't find another good argument against.

I'll see if I can find the article, but I think they are close to a fairly instant test. However, if cops do the normal sobriety tests and the person fails, if they do a test and thc comes back, that person is going to jail. So it's not AS big of a deal as some are making it but yes, a testing system needs to be developed.

I'll see if I can find the article, but I think they are close to a fairly instant test. However, if cops do the normal sobriety tests and the person fails, if they do a test and thc comes back, that person is going to jail. So it's not AS big of a deal as some are making it but yes, a testing system needs to be developed.

I'm assuming thc is metabolized as differently in humans as alcohol. I can drink....a lot...and never seem even buzzed. I smoke ANY weed and I'm done. Obviously messed up and unable to function. I'm assuming some folks are able to do the same with THC?

I'm assuming thc is metabolized as differently in humans as alcohol. I can drink....a lot...and never seem even buzzed. I smoke ANY weed and I'm done. Obviously messed up and unable to function. I'm assuming some folks are able to do the same with THC?

Sure you build up a tolerance, but it's also how you ingest it. Smoking it is faster than eating it or putting on your skin

That is a good argument and I would add the there are other drugs including prescription drugs that impair driving that have the same issue. That has not stopped successful convictions. A field sobriety test and other empirical evidence(smell, paraphernalia, presence of drug residue, etc..is often used to determine ones ability to drive which includes just being too tired to drive. Those have been used successfully in getting convictions. Drunk drivers are pulled over for driving issues, not a breath or blood test, those are just used for conviction evidence. If someone blows good but still fails the field sobriety test they can still be arrested and convicted.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back