• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rahmir Johnson - some good news on the RB front

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
This kid sounds like the real deal, we may need him right away.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...e6d998d4-10d3-5888-aa13-17d1293d026c.amp.html

He’s the school’s record-holder in the 100, 200 and was part of the school’s fastest 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400 relay teams.

Bottom line: He’s fast.

“For us, he really fits what we’re going for,” Held said. “He’s got a frame that he can put some good weight on still. He didn’t go on any other visits; he stuck with us. He’s loyal to us and we’re loyal to him.”

After he’s done setting track records this spring, the attention will turn to the backfield in Lincoln. How much ground can he cover once he’s here?

I hope he'll be ready. We also need a bigger back (Mills) to be ready for BIG play. We need to be physical up front and be able to bring it with a physical back as well.

Good article. I thought I read (but can't find now) that he ran a 21.68 200 at his state meet?

He played in a VERY competitive league. Seems to be somewhat under the radar with others getting most of the media attention in this class.

Yeah, the parochial schools in NJ are always loaded with division I prospects and Bergen Catholic is one of the best.

Yeah, the parochial schools in NJ are always loaded with division I prospects and Bergen Catholic is one of the best.
Yeah what many think happens in NE with catholic schools offering schollies actually does happen in the North East. Just talked to a kid the other day that got a scholarship to play for a big Catholic school in MD. Kid is a Freshman OL 6'3" 240 lbs. (My estimate of his height his dad told me his weight.)

Yea...they recruit well.

Yes they do. Although aside from athletics, they do give a LOT of opportunities to low income students who aren't athletes. When St. Anthony's in Jersey City closed, it was heartbreaking to a lot of people. I believe they had a 100% graduation and college acceptance rate for 20 years or something like that. Not to say they aren't football and basketball factories, but that's not all they are.

He played in a VERY competitive league. Seems to be somewhat under the radar with others getting most of the media attention in this class.

I listed him as a "sleeper" because he seemed to be getting ignored by some of the sites and people on the different forums. He's got crazy skills beyond the speed as well... just needs to be healthy and gain a bit of bulk and muscle and get into the offense flow as soon as possible

Yes they do. Although aside from athletics, they do give a LOT of opportunities to low income students who aren't athletes. When St. Anthony's in Jersey City closed, it was heartbreaking to a lot of people. I believe they had a 100% graduation and college acceptance rate for 20 years or something like that. Not to say they aren't football and basketball factories, but that's not all they are.
Agree with the right administration they can and often do great things for kids. It does drive the public school coaches crazy though.

I listed him as a "sleeper" because he seemed to be getting ignored by some of the sites and people on the different forums. He's got crazy skills beyond the speed as well... just needs to be healthy and gain a bit of bulk and muscle and get into the offense flow as soon as possible
I hope he comes with an attitude. I love the kids that seem to fly under the radar and win starting jobs. Kade Warner a prime example (how many stud receivers received scholarships) he won a starting job and I’m betting he keeps it.

Agree with the right administration they can and often do great things for kids. It does drive the public school coaches crazy though.

Yeah I can imagine that would be the case. The fact that the parochial schools usually play in their own division helps a bit.

You cant teach speed, unfortunately. I'd rather take someone with blazing speed and try and have him bulk up a little rather than someone with good size and decent speed and try to "make him faster", so to speak.

Ozigbo

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back