• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Question for BRM or HuskerMedic

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
Has the site added back some new advertisements that slow my computer? It's been running great for a few months but now has returned to being very slow as it was a few months back, but only on this site. Did you take something off a while back and put it back today or yesterday?

Last edited:

GFOA, for the record I use Chrome exclusively for the HuskerMax website and it's been really good for me. With IE10 I experienced intermittent but annoying issues so a few months ago I just quit using it. Not sure about IE11. Safari was OK but Chrome has been solid. And no noticeable change in the last couple days.

Maybe you just had a bad runza or something?:p

GFOA, for the record I use Chrome exclusively for the HuskerMax website and it's been really good for me. With IE10 I experienced intermittent but annoying issues so a few months ago I just quit using it. Not sure about IE11. Safari was OK but Chrome has been solid. And no noticeable change in the last couple days.

I'm using Chrome.

I have noticed it myself today and have made some tweaks. Let me know if the problem continues.

If I use Firefox, it instantly shoots up to over 150% of CPU usage and everything slows to a crawl as soon as I visit the site Have found Safari is a lot more Huskermax friendly. Using a MacBook Pro with 16gb of RAM.

iPad/iPhone work great too.

Interesting stuff. I can not use Yahoo(contests that go through Yahoo on here, I just have to pass on). I have had 3 different pc's crash when I've tried to use it. Yahoo couldn't tell me why or fix the problem, so I just steer clear of them. Very strange indeed. Firefox works great for me.

One thing, I forgot to mention earlier...for the most part, it's only when I'm doing something on the site (typing a post, editing or replying). I can manuever in the site pretty easily, though refreshing takes a little while sometimes. I only mention this to you because you don't seem to post often, that may be why you don't notice it.

Last edited:

I use IE, but have to switch to Firefox to access HM. IE works great for me everywhere else but CRAWLS on this site. Don't understand it but switching has made this site usable aagain

One thing, I forgot to mention earlier...for the most part, it's only when I'm doing something on the site (typing a post, editing or replying). I can manuever in the site pretty easily, though refreshing takes a little while sometimes. I only mention this to you because you don't seem to post often, that may be why you don't notice it.

Same issue at work with Chrome on a PC based machine. Slow to update when posting. At home on my MacBookPro with Safari and I'm golden. Not sure what gives, but I can absolutely see a huge difference.

Last edited:
When sites crawl along due to errors in code in the ads and that gives the users a bad experience on the site. It costs user clicks and money.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back