• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Puzzling

NavyWarrant

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
I am curious why the two resident Creighton fans are the biggest proponents of Coach Miles being fired? One would think they would enjoy the Huskers struggling. Plus, how ironic would it be if the next coaching staff gets lucky and turns Nebraska into a successful basketball program. Then what?

I am curious why the two resident Creighton fans are the biggest proponents of Coach Miles being fired? One would think they would enjoy the Huskers struggling. Plus, how ironic would it be if the next coaching staff gets lucky and turns Nebraska into a successful basketball program. Then what?
1. why would you start a new thread over this? that's what's really puzzling. did you need some attention this morning?

2. I have concurred with just about EVERYONE in saying he should get another year.

3. I'm a UNL grad and love basketball...I want NU to be good. If I seem unemotional about nebraska basketball it mostly because it's like watching bad reruns. it's almost uncanny how most years resemble most others. you can almost write the script at the beginning of the year.

On Sharpe and Benning this morning they said IF Miles is retained, next year is NCAA or bust. NIT, and its time to move on.

Overall or in conference?

Both. I would assume that if they went .500 in conference they wouldn't be dancing or playing well enough to justify retaining Miles.

If Miles is retained, this season would be considered his benefit of the doubt hall pass. I look at every season in context, but after this year, there's no amount of bad luck or unfortunate events that could excuse Miles for having another bad year.

It's funny that some people here think I'm some koolaid drinking, sunshine and rainbows, Miles supporter. I'm not. I spend the majority of my days grounded in reality and rationality.

If I were Eichorst, I would already be putting feelers out there. If I could make a really solid hire, I would heavily consider it, especially if we continue this downward trend. If the team keeps fighting hard and starts winning some games, I would retain him with the understanding that it has to happen next year.

Both. I would assume that if they went .500 in conference they wouldn't be dancing or playing well enough to justify retaining Miles.

If Miles is retained, this season would be considered his benefit of the doubt hall pass. I look at every season in context, but after this year, there's no amount of bad luck or unfortunate events that could excuse Miles for having another bad year.

It's funny that some people here think I'm some koolaid drinking, sunshine and rainbows, Miles supporter. I'm not. I spend the majority of my days grounded in reality and rationality.

If I were Eichorst, I would already be putting feelers out there. If I could make a really solid hire, I would heavily consider it, especially if we continue this downward trend. If the team keeps fighting hard and starts winning some games, I would retain him with the understanding that it has to happen next year.

This. If the hire is solid, and I mean no mid-major wannabe (minus Gregg Marshall), I'd grab that coach in a nanosecond to come into a junior laden team

On Sharpe and Benning this morning they said IF Miles is retained, next year is NCAA or bust. NIT, and its time to move on.
That's going to be tough. The big 10 isn't likely to be this weak again next year. I guess I don't have proof of that but I assume this year is more the exception than the rule going forward.

That's going to be tough. The big 10 isn't likely to be this weak again next year. I guess I don't have proof of that but I assume this year is more the exception than the rule going forward.

I wouldn't necessarily call the conference weak Bils, but your point is made. Nebraska likely will have a more difficult time getting this team significantly improved in the conference hierarchy because of the youth on several teams in this conference that is already pretty good and getting better.

I wouldn't necessarily call the conference weak Bils, but your point is made. Nebraska likely will have a more difficult time getting this team significantly improved in the conference hierarchy because of the youth on several teams in this conference that is already pretty good and getting better.
The committee disagrees as of today. no top 4 seeds. when was the last time thst happened? the big 10 this year is basically a soft "top", a huge middle with little real quality and your usual types at the bottom.

I imagine at least one of Purdue or Wisconsin will end up with a 3 or 4 seed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back