• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue impressive win today

IMfanFORnu

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Purdue 30 , ranked # 23 BC 13.

Purdue was impressive, looked like the better team both sides of the ball vs BC today.

Purdue will roll in here expecting to win. This is our last chance to salvage something of the 2018 season. If we don't beat Purdue, I think 3 - 9 is best case.

Sad that a 1-3 team will come to Lincoln as a prohibitive favorite.

I can easily see Purdue winning by 14-15 points in Lincoln. I think the game will be a pick-em in the books.

Hard to imagine EVER writing that.

I had hoped Purdue would be a 'get right' game. Then I watched them beat the pants off BC.

I had hoped Purdue would be a 'get right' game. Then I watched them beat the pants off BC.

I agree, I hoped they would be Purdue of recent years but they played Northwestern really hard and beat a ranked BC team. They are likely better than Troy and possibly CU so we better be gameday ready! The margin of error is thin this year and we haven't been good at mitigating that margin of error thus far. Fix the mistakes and limit turnovers and this team has a good chance for their first win.

I'll post it here first, we get our first win by 10 points. I'll say 27-17.
I like your enthusiasm. We can beat Purdue, but Purdue is saying the exact same thing about us. No one is intimidated by the Huskers anymore, not on the road, or at home. Call me crazy, but it's our reality right now. Tell me, the last team that seemed intimidated playing in Lincoln? It goes back several years. Let's just all step back, give Mr. Frost and Co. some time. I believe that they'll get us there...

I like your enthusiasm. We can beat Purdue, but Purdue is saying the exact same thing about us. No one is intimidated by the Huskers anymore, not on the road, or at home. Call me crazy, but it's our reality right now. Tell me, the last team that seemed intimidated playing in Lincoln? It goes back several years. Let's just all step back, give Mr. Frost and Co. some time. I believe that they'll get us there...

I completely agree, this isn't a gimme as it may have been years ago. If you read my previous post you will notice I give much respect to Purdue compared to our previous opponents. I just have this sneaking suspicion that this week will be the one where the team gets their priorities in order and comes out blocking and tackling in a way we have yet to see this year.

I agree, I hoped they would be Purdue of recent years but they played Northwestern really hard and beat a ranked BC team. They are likely better than Troy and possibly CU so we better be gameday ready! The margin of error is thin this year and we haven't been good at mitigating that margin of error thus far. Fix the mistakes and limit turnovers and this team has a good chance for their first win.

Someway, somehow, Nebraska needs to figure out how to play a clean game. Let's start with the first half and see how that looks on the score board and I'm guessing the kids will respond.

Tell me the last time (if ever) that it has been longer than a year since Nebraska has won at home? Scary to think that when we play Purdue on Saturday it will have been over a year since our last win in Lincoln.

Frost was adamant in his post game comments that some of these guys can't or won't step up and they need to find some who will. I get the feeling that Frost misjudged the character and heart of a number of these guys during spring and fall. Hell, even Michigan players were saying NU didn't even want to be out there on the field.

This team is not very good mostly because of want-to. They just don't have any.

It wouldn't surprised me at all if Purdue leaves Memorial Stadium with the "W".

And as a side comment - Frost needs to stick to commenting about his team and not any of the others on our schedule unless he says "they are a good team and well coached".

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back