• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue Game Tip-off has been advanced to 1:00 PM CT (was 3:00 pm)

It was a close, competitive game, but did anyone really get a feeling Purdue was not confident they were going to get the win? I didn’t see panic or poor body language. They just kept grinding.

Unfortunate reality. Nebraska is the team a quality opponent can mostly just go through the motions and beat. There's very little doubt in my mind, if the Boilers felt any need to, they could have thumped the Huskers by 20.

The only question remaining is if we can avoid a losing season (which would be Miles' 5th in 7 years).

Currently 15-13.

Likely to be heavy underdogs in our next two games, on the road, against the two Michigan schools.

And then we finish out the regular season at home against Iowa.

Then, of course, the Big Ten Tournament.

The only question remaining is if we can avoid a losing season (which would be Miles' 5th in 7 years).

Currently 15-13.

Likely to be heavy underdogs in our next two games, on the road, against the two Michigan schools.

And then we finish out the regular season at home against Iowa.

Then, of course, the Big Ten Tournament.
The possibility of finishing 2 games under 500 with on paper Miles' best team ever

I was at the game. Good crowd, if small. And while they were resigned, they didn't give up, and were into the game when it mattered.

Harris and Heiman showed good hustle. Nana finally took the ball to the hoop, which is a good step forward.

Still, this looks like the end of an unsuccessful season, small development from the bench and off and on performance from the upperclassmen. I was wondering, since Borchardt only played a few minutes (or just a minute) his first year, could he get a 5th year? I think they will need him.

Well, they actually did. I am not saying they cost us the game, but there were enough missed calls that they definitely affected the outcome.
Very few times in my life have I ever felt officials determined the final outcome. (The NO Saints come to mind. ) If the Huskers could rebound, they would have won. That was the determining factor today.

Last edited:
Very few times in my life have I ever felt officials determined the final outcome. (The NO Saints come to mind. ) If the Huskers could rebound, they would have won. That was the determining factor today.
I have said all season that our inability to rebound missed shots have killed us. If you go back to post #218, I specifically said that the refs did not cost us the game, but I sure feel they had a bearing on it. Did we benefit from some bad calls? Yes, but in no way do I feel the bad calls and miscalls were evenly split this game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back