• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Purdue Game Tip-off has been advanced to 1:00 PM CT (was 3:00 pm)

lol ... I'm not so sure this is an "upgrade" ...

Sure -- fans may be better able to get to the arena for a 1PM tipoff (though there's still a risk of ice on the roads prior to 1PM -- so it may not be recommended to drive at any point tomorrow). But the blizzard part of the storm will really get going by mid-afternoon. So -- even if the fans are able to get to the arena (as well as the teams, media, arena employees, etc), they'll likely leave the arena at game's end to an all-out snow storm. It's truly big-time risky for anyone to go to the game tomorrow. I almost wonder if there isn't a consideration to cancel it.

I saw that Purdue was already in town practicing, so might as well get the game in with few chances to make it up this late in the season. Even if it means playing to a mostly empty PBA.

lol ... I'm not so sure this is an "upgrade" ...

Sure -- fans may be better able to get to the arena for a 1PM tipoff (though there's still a risk of ice on the roads prior to 1PM -- so it may not be recommended to drive at any point tomorrow). But the blizzard part of the storm will really get going by mid-afternoon. So -- even if the fans are able to get to the arena (as well as the teams, media, arena employees, etc), they'll likely leave the arena at game's end to an all-out snow storm. It's truly big-time risky for anyone to go to the game tomorrow. I almost wonder if there isn't a consideration to cancel it.

There is enough ice on the roads this morning to convince many fans to stay home. Let alone the anticipated blizzard conditions that occur during the game. It will be interesting to see how many folks travel to PBA to watch a team in free-fall.

I saw that Purdue was already in town practicing, so might as well get the game in with few chances to make it up this late in the season. Even if it means playing to a mostly empty PBA.
There is enough ice on the roads this morning to convince many fans to stay home. Let alone the anticipated blizzard conditions that occur during the game. It will be interesting to see how many folks travel to PBA to watch a team in free-fall.

I'm going to assume the Purdue team will be staying an extra night in Lincoln. Heck, they probably won't be able to leave town for a while on Sunday as well. Also, I'm curious how the Nebraska team and coaches will get to the arena. Wondering if they all stayed in a hotel downtown last night. Or maybe more importantly, do they have a place to stay tonight, near the arena?

This should be the type of weather event where the city of Lincoln tells its citizens "Unless it's an absolute emergency, stay home and off the roads today." Because your putting others lives in danger (i.e. police, emergency crews, towing companies) should you end up rolling your car over into a ditch. It's their job -- in coordination with the National Weather Service -- to discourage travel.

Once that snow gets going this afternoon, there is no realistic way for road crews to attempt to successfully plow -- until sometime either late tonight or tomorrow. The strong wind will just blow the snow right back onto whatever they attempt to plow. And the visibility will be pretty close to zero. Also, I won't be surprised if there's a round of heavier icing the occurs between roughly noon and 2PM before it changes over to snow.

I'll be very interested to see what happens in Eastern Nebraska over the next 12-24 hours.

Last edited:

C'mon Team. You don't need Miles to get the win, just do it for yourselves!

LET'S GO CORNHUSKERS!!!

:Balloons: :Cheer2: :Huskers: :Cheer2: :Balloons:

:Shout: :Banana: :Mfclap: :Corn2: :Rockon: :Hooray:

basketball.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back