1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Pssst! A Really Secret Scrimmage, Sat, 10/27, Huskers hosting AZ State

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by Red Don, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Red Don

Red Don Water Boy 5 Year Member

No details have been released regarding WBB's Secret Scrimmage with Az State on Sat, 10/27 but here is Coach Amy William's press conference (9:46) after the scrimmage.

According to Coach Amy rebounding has improved since the Az State defeated the Lady Huskers in the first round of the NCAA Tournament where AZ State out-rebounded the Huskers by 21 (vs being out-rebounded by 3 in the secret scrimmage).

One of the Freshmen was apparently the leader in team rebounding and another Freshman lead in scoring during the scrimmage. Kayla Mershon is specifically mentioned a couple of times.

2. iared

iared Recruit 2 Year Member

Hey, Red Don, the freshman leader in rebounds wouldn't be wearing #13 would she?

Red Don likes this.
  3. Red Don

I wish I had some more information, or inside information to give you, but all I know is what Coach Amy said at the press conference. :wink:

4. Red Don

You're Right On, @iared!!! :Bow::Bow::Bow: (somehow I don't think it was just a 'lucky' guess. :Lol:)

Here's an article in the OWH that has a little more information on the 'Secret Scrimmage.'

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens-basketball/amy-williams-wants-four-husker-freshmen-to-be-major-contributors/article_5cb3ff13-fc96-550c-82d5-dbbe43b66578.html

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018