• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pssst! A Really Secret Scrimmage, Sat, 10/27, Huskers hosting AZ State

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
No details have been released regarding WBB's Secret Scrimmage with Az State on Sat, 10/27 but here is Coach Amy William's press conference (9:46) after the scrimmage.

According to Coach Amy rebounding has improved since the Az State defeated the Lady Huskers in the first round of the NCAA Tournament where AZ State out-rebounded the Huskers by 21 (vs being out-rebounded by 3 in the secret scrimmage).

One of the Freshmen was apparently the leader in team rebounding and another Freshman lead in scoring during the scrimmage. Kayla Mershon is specifically mentioned a couple of times.

I wish I had some more information, or inside information to give you, but all I know is what Coach Amy said at the press conference. ;)

Hey, Red Don, the freshman leader in rebounds wouldn't be wearing #13 would she?

You're Right On, @iared!!! :Bow::Bow::Bow: (somehow I don't think it was just a 'lucky' guess. :Lol:)

Here's an article in the OWH that has a little more information on the 'Secret Scrimmage.'

In a secret scrimmage against Arizona State, for example, Veerbeek led all Huskers in rebounds. Brown was the leading scorer. And Mershon emerged as the game’s “top dog,” an award patterned after the multiple contributions of Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green.

» Arizona State won the secret scrimmage 66-57, but only outrebounded Nebraska by three, Williams said, which was a “significant improvement” over the NCAA tournament loss to the Sun Devils.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/women...cle_5cb3ff13-fc96-550c-82d5-dbbe43b66578.html

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back