• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pretty good read on Zach Duval from some former players.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3889
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3889

Didn't see this posted anywhere and figured it deserves its own thread.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/scott-frost-nebraska-football-cornhuskers-ucf-knights

Dozens of strength gurus made him blow chunks; Zach Duval blew his mind. A good offseason was a 50-pound gain. A great one was 70. After his first winter with Nebraska’s new strength and conditioning coach, Jason Rae went from squatting 625 pounds at Christmas to topping 725 the very next summer.

“And trying to do 765,” the former Central Florida center recalls. “That was jumped in half a year. You had the one offseason. That was it.

War Daddy Up, baby.

Great article, thanks for posting it. So many good details in there. Once again, we hear how the football environment became a family environment to all. Really enjoyed see that pic of Duvall and his family.
You can tell how much those former UCF players loved Duval and Frost. The praise is definitely genuine.

Download disco to my iPhone, the 70's are coming back baby!

Call some carpenters to enlarge the Trophy Case :)

Serious question — is working out till you puke actually beneficial physiologically? Any actual science? Seems macho but dubious. But I’m not an exercise physiologist.

I’ve eaten till I’ve puked — not helpful

I’ve consumed Southern Comfort till I puked — not helpful

Last edited:

Serious question — is working out till you puke actually beneficial physiologically? Any actual science? Seems macho but dubious. But I’m not an exercise physiologist.

I’ve eaten till I’ve puked — not helpful

I’ve consumed Southern Comfort till I puked — not helpful

It's evidence that the bodies are being pushed out of their comfort zone. Beyond that, I don't think the puking is significant for making gains.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back