• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Premier League 2015-16

Chelsea up to 8th in the table after today's win over Norwich! Granted they have a game in hand with most teams around them, and two games over Liverpool, but it's been a good rise up the standings over the past two months.

The four teams below them see three with one game in hand and Liverpool with two (having played in the League Cup Final this past Sunday). All four are sitting one point behind Chelsea in the standings. Not to burst your bubble but that is a very shaky #8 and more than likely they are going to drop at least a couple of spots once those games are made up.

Like I said going to be real tough to make up the point of qualify even for the UEFA Cup.

Chelsea up to 8th in the table after today's win over Norwich! Granted they have a game in hand with most teams around them, and two games over Liverpool, but it's been a good rise up the standings over the past two months.

The four teams below them see three with one game in hand and Liverpool with two (having played in the League Cup Final this past Sunday). All four are sitting one point behind Chelsea in the standings. Not to burst your bubble but that is a very shaky #8 and more than likely they are going to drop at least a couple of spots once those games are made up.

Like I said going to be real tough to make up the point of qualify even for the UEFA Cup.

Tough day for the top teams today

The EPL is a grind and with no winter break like the other top leagues it takes it out of the players and teams. England has struggled in the World Cup because of it.

Alex Ferguson pushed hard for a winter break but the Christmas and New Years fixtures are huge money makers for the Division 2 through 4 teams.

Tough day for the top teams today

Chelsea drops two spots back to 10th just as I thought they would.

Chelsea drops two spots back to 10th just as I thought they would.

There was no doubt they'd drop a couple of spots once the matches were made up. I was just bringing up their rise in the table, but 10th is a pretty decent spot, considering they were at the start of the new year. Plus, they are only 8pts out of fifth, and technically 8pts from 4th but MC has a game in hand. Chelsea has four big matches remaining on the schedule. A match against Liverpool that was postponed (and I haven't seen a make-up date), hosting MC on April 16, Hosting Spurs May 2 and a season-ender hosting Leicester City.

Like I said will be tough to make up the points to qualify even for the UEFA Cup.

Game against Liverpool was delayed due to the League Cup Final this past Sunday.

Murders Row Schedule to finish to boot.

Way to big of a hole to dig out of. More than likely no European Football next season. Maybe not a bad thing excpet of course for the huge loss of $$.

There was no doubt they'd drop a couple of spots once the matches were made up. I was just bringing up their rise in the table, but 10th is a pretty decent spot, considering they were at the start of the new year. Plus, they are only 8pts out of fifth, and technically 8pts from 4th but MC has a game in hand. Chelsea has four big matches remaining on the schedule. A match against Liverpool that was postponed (and I haven't seen a make-up date), hosting MC on April 16, Hosting Spurs May 2 and a season-ender hosting Leicester City.

Last edited:
Like I said will be tough to make up the points to qualify even for the UEFA Cup.

Game against Liverpool was delayed due to the League Cup Final this past Sunday.

Way to big of a hole to dig out of. More than likely no European Football next season. Maybe not a bad thing excpet of course for the huge loss of $$.

I'd like to know what the majority of players think about all the games. Seems like there is some referendum on commenting about it. If the players like all the games, then so be it. If they think it's too much, or injuries are constant, or if the league becomes too depth dependent......that's a problem.

It'll also be interesting to see what "gifts" the new coach gets from Roman. Rumors are all over the place. I've already posted what I think they should do. Though, Fabs has turned it around. But he's not a "twice-a-week" player anymore.

The players would like a winter break too.

Like I said the EPL is a grind which is why a lot of players leave when given the opportunity.

You know its a problem when Alex Ferguson is/was doing the bidding to get it changed.

I'd like to know what the majority of players think about all the games. Seems like there is some referendum on commenting about it. If the players like all the games, then so be it. If they think it's too much, or injuries are constant, or if the league becomes too depth dependent......that's a problem.

Spending money does not buy chemistry and that is the best problem right now in my opinion and has been for awhile.

It'll also be interesting to see what "gifts" the new coach gets from Roman. Rumors are all over the place. I've already posted what I think they should do. Though, Fabs has turned it around. But he's not a "twice-a-week" player anymore.

I'm mostly leaning this way. Sure the $ loss will be large, but it's not like Chelsea will pull a Leeds. Even back in 2012 when Chelsea wasn't going to finish in the top 4, I was ok with no European competitions. Not that I was complaining when Chelsea ended up winning the CL, but having one season where you aren't playing those extra matches won't be a terrible thing. It's part of the reason why LC will be tough to knock off from the top spot in the final weeks.

If you want further proof just how god-awful Aston Villa's defense is in front of Guzan, watch the highlights from the City game today. Jesus, it's like Villa's back line is completely inept.

Just getting him read for playing with the national team where it will be the same...

If you want further proof just how god-awful Aston Villa's defense is in front of Guzan, watch the highlights from the City game today. Jesus, it's like Villa's back line is completely inept.

Thank you NBC for showing the Leicester game on two channels and not broadcasting the Chelsea game. What a joke.

And with that.....they fix it. Thank God.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back