• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Prayers for Safety & Speedy Recovery in the Cornhusker State

Yes, many people displaced by flooding. One person confirmed deceased due to flood. Areas and communities around Norfolk, Columbus, and Fremont have extreme flooding.

Just got back to Fremont this morning about 5:30, got up to Hooper yesterday about 6:30am and couldn't get home, roads closed due to water over the roads. A lot of farm fields looking like lakes. Sounds like Norfolk has a lot of damage.

Thanks to the First Responders for their work, while in Hooper the VFD had to go to winslow and get the people out that didn't go the first time, had to wade in with a boat. Also to the Fremont guys that ended up in the water after the Elkhorn flooded in Arlington, glad they are ok, again sorry those folks didn't heed the first warnings.

Again kudos to fire, police etc. and hope everyone dries out.

Just got back to Fremont this morning about 5:30, got up to Hooper yesterday about 6:30am and couldn't get home, roads closed due to water over the roads. A lot of farm fields looking like lakes. Sounds like Norfolk has a lot of damage.

Thanks to the First Responders for their work, while in Hooper the VFD had to go to winslow and get the people out that didn't go the first time, had to wade in with a boat. Also to the Fremont guys that ended up in the water after the Elkhorn flooded in Arlington, glad they are ok, again sorry those folks didn't heed the first warnings.

Again kudos to fire, police etc. and hope everyone dries out.
Yeah I'm hearing it's bad up there. I've got family in Fremont, North Bend and Morse Bluff. As far as I know all of them evacuated except for Morse Bluff.

Yeah I'm hearing it's bad up there. I've got family in Fremont, North Bend and Morse Bluff. As far as I know all of them evacuated except for Morse Bluff.
I remember you saying you had family up here. North bend had been dealing with water for a while. Most rural schools were smart enough to get kids out of school before most roads were closed. Hope all is well with your family.

I remember you saying you had family up here. North bend had been dealing with water for a while. Most rural schools were smart enough to get kids out of school before most roads were closed. Hope all is well with your family.
Yeah they're all good, my uncle Ted is very much involved with the Morse Bluff fire department as well as North Bend so he's been on top of it.

I guess what was so unsettling for me last night was reading about the combination of winter storms, flooding, & severe damage to infrastructure in such widespread areas impacted by the Big Blue, Platte, Loup, Elkhorn and Niobrara River watersheds ... and, then seeing the names of towns impacted or evacuated & knowing people or in many of those communities.

Witnessed some brutal blizzards and crazy cold weather of the late 60s and 70s ... even watch my Dad go out on a snowmobile w/ a fireman one night to deliver a propane cylinder in a blizzard, but those past events / experiences pale in comparison for what is unfolding this week.

It was also probably wishful thinking hoping for a speedy recovery ... if this follows what happened on the Missouri River from 8 - 10 years ago w/ flooding from Sioux City on down, we are going to have a long Spring as the flooding continues on down the Missouri and Mississippi River Valleys. Our Tennessee and Cumberland River Valleys have already experienced some flooding and are well saturated ...

https://journalstar.com/news/state-...tent=C53B99B533840845CBB253F61B4AE3E0A26D44DB

They showed on TWC that the bridge on Hwy 92 close to the junction of Hwys 92/275 washed out. Valley has been & is being evacuated. Wahoo, Waterloo and other small towns are flooded.

I didn't know there were 2 Elkhorns in Ne., and they're only 6.5/7 miles apart. In years past I've hunted all around this area and never realized there are two.

It's catastrophic flooding up there, I watched a video yesterday on FB of water rising quickly in downtown North Bend. Bridges and roads gone, death to livestock, on and on. We had a flood here in '93 and it sucked, at least ours was warm water though. Couldn't imagine getting caught up in 33° rapids.

My wife and I live south of Offutt near the town of laplatte, and we packed what we could and got our pets out. Seemed silly at the time like it wasn’t possible, but from what we have seen so far we are likely out of a home.

Listen to warnings folks, stuff is just that, stuff.

Prayers to you & yours @Busker

Spring Game could be an opportunity to raise some money for disaster relief --- some Nebraskans taking care of Nebraskans.

Don't hear much on National news ... but, what else is new about that. I'm hoping our mission & outreach rep at church is aware -- we've donated for Houston floor relief, Puerto Rico & numerous others ...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back