• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Potential D1 Transfers

Did Ayegba commit for a one and done?

They are making sure that he will be eligible right away here at Nebraska, along with one or two other minor things. If so, done deal...

It was described to me as a formality at this point. We are actually one of the few teams that can almost guarantee him a starting spot as we want Pitch in the stretch 4 role and Smith wants to come off the bench.

That being said, sometimes kids get a little excited during their visit, especially when you compare our facilities and returning players to what he was used to the last few years at Georgetown. Couple that with 60k at a practice for football, I tend to believe what I was told.

Last edited:
They are making sure that he will be eligible right away here at Nebraska, along with one or two other minor things. If so, done deal...

It was described to me as a formality at this point. We are actually one of the few teams that can almost guarantee him a starting spot as we want Pitch in the stretch 4 role and Smith wants to come off the bench.

That being said, sometimes kids get a little excited during their visit, especially when you compare our facilities and returning players to what he was used to the last few years at Georgetown. Couple that with 60k at a practice for football, I tend to believe what I was told.
I'm not high on him with his stats, but if he can play a little defense and give some minutes it will help inside, but then we lose our 3 bigs after next year, Smith, Rivers and Ayegba if he signs.

all we need out of our 5 is defense, rebound, and minutes. An occasional putback, or a dropoff dunk is butter. I think he fits our need well. Take the 5 and let walt roam.

I'm not high on him with his stats, but if he can play a little defense and give some minutes it will help inside, but then we lose our 3 bigs after next year, Smith, Rivers and Ayegba if he signs.

I agree with you, his stats are kind of..... well, meh....

That being said, I truly think we were just looking for another big body so Pitchford wasn't having to play the 5 for us on occasion and waste energy defending on the block. So you could have Smith and Ayegba rotating in at the 5 (Pitchford if there is some sort of foul trouble or you really want to spread a team out), then you have Walt and Rivers at the 4. Shields and Fuller at the 3. Pettaway, Webster, Parker, Smith manning the 1 and 2.

I have a little concern about us losing both big men, but really all you lose is defensive threats so we won't be losing a huge part of our offense when Smith and Ayegba are gone. And the real reason to bring Ayegba in is so you don't have to rely on Hammond right away to play significant minutes. The question is, do you redshirt Hammond? What would be better for him, playing 3-7 minutes a game in actual competition? Or redshirt him and just get him ready? Because in 2015 it will be him and whatever transfer we get in, and after this next recruiting cycle, we will probably have our high school/juco recruiting down and won't rely so heavily on D1 transfers.

Last edited:

Who is in play for Nebraska? I thought I had understood that Ristic was going to be a Wildcat unless Miles Turner committed to the Cats as well. Is Tarczewski staying potentially a way of Ristic decommiting and heading to Lincoln?

Who is in play for Nebraska? I thought I had understood that Ristic was going to be a Wildcat unless Miles Turner committed to the Cats as well. Is Tarczewski staying potentially a way of Ristic decommiting and heading to Lincoln?

I believe right now, if Tarczewski stays they are one over with their commtiments for the 2014 class and Ristic is the odd man out as he's the only one that doesn't have the LOI signed and ready to go. It wasn't exactly a hiccup for us, but I am almost certain our staff thought that Arizona could only take him if another guy opted out for the NBA and we aren't sure of their numbers right now.

Not that Ristic would be a definite reason for us not to take Ayegba, because you don't pass on a talent like him, but we just were checking to see if everything is good to go. Miles kind of pulled the "go home and think about it" to give us a little more time. We aren't going to not take Ayegba, because we still have 2 open spots left. But we have Pinder committed from Ristic's high school for next year already and we need to be sure of our numbers.

Ayegba is still in, I just think three center's in one class can get dicey even though at least one of those is a one and done...

Last edited:
I say if hes available you take him espescially if he or the kid from oklahoma plays more the stretch 4. They can both play together. Its great for defense and rebounding and they won't be in each others way offensively. We need Ayegba, if he wants in hes a given. As for the arizona commit I think he helps us more than a scoring gaurd 1 and done

That's an interesting point....

I had heard we were looking for another versatile guard that is more of a point. But I also know Deng Deng is very much in the picture as well.

Ayegba, Hammond, Smith, and either Deng/Ristic/guard we don't know about is a very nice way to finish off this class. Also, our 2015 class will be a very, very nice haul if we have the type of season we are all hoping for....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back