• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Playoff Semi-final games: Alabama vs UDub & Ohio State vs Clemson

tOSU is probably the one team that I love getting beat, and beaten badly, as I think Urban runs up the score on teams that they are beating soundly (like the Huskers this year). It would not surprise me in the least if Urban let Tim Beck go after this embarrassment of a loss, with no points scored and looked pretty pathetic and predictable on offense. It definitely looked like vintage TB called offensive game, didn't it? With all the talk of the B1G being so great this season, the league is looking pretty sad in the bowl games, though I really think people make too big of a deal of the bowls, other than the CFP. The rest of the games are just filler and exhibitions, IMO. I don't even watch any of the games, except the Huskers, and I never watch them live. I just DVR them and watch them in FF mode, so I can watch a game in an hour or less. Otherwise, it is a waste of time sitting for 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I'm rooting for Clemson, that's for sure. Anyone who even thinks that Alabama is in the same league as the Huskers 95 team is crazy. The Huskers of that year would beat Alabama with little problem. They are vastly overrated and looked pretty avg against Washington.

tOSU is probably the one team that I love getting beat, and beaten badly, as I think Urban runs up the score on teams that they are beating soundly (like the Huskers this year). It would not surprise me in the least if Urban let Tim Beck go after this embarrassment of a loss, with no points scored and looked pretty pathetic and predictable on offense. It definitely looked like vintage TB called offensive game, didn't it? With all the talk of the B1G being so great this season, the league is looking pretty sad in the bowl games, though I really think people make too big of a deal of the bowls, other than the CFP. The rest of the games are just filler and exhibitions, IMO. I don't even watch any of the games, except the Huskers, and I never watch them live. I just DVR them and watch them in FF mode, so I can watch a game in an hour or less. Otherwise, it is a waste of time sitting for 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I'm rooting for Clemson, that's for sure. Anyone who even thinks that Alabama is in the same league as the Huskers 95 team is crazy. The Huskers of that year would beat Alabama with little problem. They are vastly overrated and looked pretty avg against Washington.

Is Tim Beck even calling plays? I thought he wasn't.

Then why do they need Beck at all? I'd fire him for sure then. He certainly isn't a great QB coach, after all.

It's not just for recruiting. They aren't going to waste a full time assistant coach position for that. Come on.

It's mostly that. I'm sure he has input into the game plan as well. I didn't post it as something derogatory, but his recruiting ties was the biggest reason why he was hired.

It's mostly that. I'm sure he has input into the game plan as well. I didn't post it as something derogatory, but his recruiting ties was the biggest reason why he was hired.
I have a hard time buying that. Especially because I have been hearing an awful lot about how the previous staff couldn't recruit. :)

I have a hard time buying that. Especially because I have been hearing an awful lot about how the previous staff couldn't recruit. :)

Obviously it wasn't for his offensive genius or he'd be calling plays. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back