• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PJ Fleck...this is what success looks like

I think they're called fleckers -somewhat dry and still semi sticky

Is he related to Dr. Strain-g? You know, the guy with the beautiful players.

Reactions: Yep
Reminds me of a joke in my youth about boogers, with an adjustment... Pick, lick, roll, fleck*

Reactions: Yep

This is the poster child of hiring the hot mid-major coach. He may be successful in the long run and year 1 did not have the world set on fire. If SF is the new guy ... I would expect similar first year results.

He may be highly unorthodox for a D1 college football coach but I’ll admit, no matter how bad the Gophers looked or get beat, Peej’s post game pressers and his radio shows during the week always turn be back around.

There’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll have a team that’s playing extremely hard and in a prideful way. Win or loss.

This is the poster child of hiring the hot mid-major coach. He may be successful in the long run and year 1 did not have the world set on fire. If SF is the new guy ... I would expect similar first year results.

He may be the "good" poster child for hiring a hot mid-major coach. Jim McElwain definitely is the inverse of Fleck. Also, I just saw that Fleck is 36 years old. I feel really old now.

He may be highly unorthodox for a D1 college football coach but I’ll admit, no matter how bad the Gophers looked or get beat, Peej’s post game pressers and his radio shows during the week always turn be back around.

There’s no doubt in my mind that he’ll have a team that’s playing extremely hard and in a prideful way. Win or loss.
No offense here, but the best part of your week are press conferences and radio shows? The only time I ever care is on Saturday! The rest is just fluff. I may comment on other activities but I only care about Saturday! Is that really what Minnesota fans think?

Last edited:
No offense here, but the best part of your week are press conferences and radio shows? The only time I ever care is on Saturday! The rest is just fluff. I may comment on other activities but I only care about Saturday! Is that really what Minnesota fans think?
I never said that was the best part of my week. I said after a bad loss, what and how he says during his radio shows always bring me hope. I’m not one to blindly hope or have high expectations without evidence, and he just has a gift for showing it.

Well...that psycho just picked...rolled...and "flecked" Nebraska!

54 of those babies!

Fleck definitely shows enthusiasm and cares about his team's effort... my wife remarked during the game that he missed his calling as a male cheerleader with all the jumping around and what not...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back