• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Petition at Youngstown State: Remove rapist from football team

You're right, convicted rape is worse than arrest for DUI.
Agreed. But multiple DUIs by an adult in a position of authority is, to me, a sign of an ongoing serious problem. This YSU player screwed up once (big time) as a juvenile.

I'm generally ok with 2nd chances. When we start getting into 3rd and 4th chances, I'm a little less tolerant.

I think it was a bad move on Bo's part, but now he's stuck with keeping the player around. Cutting him now would just make a bad move that much worse,

I feel for the rape victim. She was cruely raped and believed (with good reason) that the males who did it were getting preferential treatment (from a large portion of the community) because of their status on the football team. Now, as I'm sure she still suffers from the backlash of having two punks penetrate her on multiple occasions throughout a night, she gets to find out that once again, he's back on a football team, this time being given the chance to play Division 1 football. It just doesn't seem right.

I think it was a bad move on Bo's part, but now he's stuck with keeping the player around. Cutting him now would just make a bad move that much worse,

I feel for the rape victim. She was cruely raped and believed (with good reason) that the males who did it were getting preferential treatment (from a large portion of the community) because of their status on the football team. Now, as I'm sure she still suffers from the backlash of having two punks penetrate her on multiple occasions throughout a night, she gets to find out that once again, he's back on a football team, this time being given the chance to play Division 1 football. It just doesn't seem right.
If he was a member of the computer club in high school, and received the same sentence, should he be prohibited from joining a computer club in college?

Agreed. But multiple DUIs by an adult in a position of authority is, to me, a sign of an ongoing serious problem. This YSU player screwed up once (big time) as a juvenile.

I'm generally ok with 2nd chances. When we start getting into 3rd and 4th chances, I'm a little less tolerant.

If all things being the same maybe. Again, convicted of a rape of this type(non-consensual) vs DUI with no accident 7 years after his previous and you being VERY adamant on that but overly generous in looking for any plausible excuse to keep the rape guys on the team is very telling of a pro Bo bias. Of course also factoring in the nature of all your FB postings Just saying...

If he was a member of the computer club in high school, and received the same sentence, should he be prohibited from joining a computer club in college?
Good question and I wonder if colleges have a policy on this...for regardless of what the school activity is.

I never stated he should be prohibited from joining anything. I did state that I think it was a bad move on Bo's part to recruit a convicted rapist to the team.

I never stated he should be prohibited from joining anything. I did state that I think it was a bad move on Bo's part to recruit a convicted rapist to the team.

With the cover up involved, the Baylor situation, and the overall climate of college football right now, I would tend to agree.

My :Sign2cents:....He absolutely should be allowed to attend school and join any school organization or club. But he shouldn't be allowed to represent the University by being a member of a team or club that the school sponsors to compete against other schools.

If he wants to play football, he can join a flag football team.

Part of the healing process for both of them may be situational therapy. Where the man and the woman sit in a room and go over the events of that night. At the end if the man is truly regretful what he did then let him say so. Even though nothing can change the events that took place. Letting the victim talk to the man and let him see how it has affected her, let him see the pain and suffering he caused not just on that one night but what her life has been like since.

At the end if she forgives him, then maybe we all could,

Well, yea, I guess I could forgive him... sure as hell don't want his Dad ambushing me if I don't!!

.... still don't want him on my team.

Why would a coach solicit such trouble? If he thought about it, he had to know it would be a problem. It will be a problem next year too. If we're voting, I support letting him enroll in YSU and complete his degree if he wants, and if clubs would permit him, to engage in club or non-university sponsored extracurricular activities. Im against having him represent the university in university sponsored activity ex of classes.

Of course, I wasn't there so I'm really reacting to a hypothetical in which the girl shares none of the blame and the boys were vicious young men. Court records only go so far, certainly in providing collateral evidence or information.

And for the record, I have both sons and daughters, and grandsons and granddaughters.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back