• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pete Thamel's (Yahoo) Paragraph on the Nebraska Job

Forgot about Arkansas. Bert is toast. Mora got a badly needed win today. He's 50/50 I think.

Yeah. Just saw they beat Oregon. May save him. I just think back to that oregon game now and think that 4-4 (0-4) team blew our doors off in the first half. It’s hard to find positives this year.

I'm pretty sure Frost is the only guy who can weather going 5-7 in 2018 and still have the majority of the "average" fans still happy about the hire, stay out of the way and let him actually grow and rebuild the system.

It is not the record that bothers me. For 30 years I have rooted for the Huskers and always believed we could win. I believed we had a chance to win the Wisconsin game. My score predictions always favored the Huskers. My thinking was, "If we win, we will need to do this that, and the other. This means the score would end up about X-Y, with Nebraska having the higher score.

But, after Wisconsin, I capitulated (to use a stock market term.) This was the first game I predicted a score with the other team having the higher score because for the first time I believed that the Huskers had 0% chance to win.

A new coach can have a few years as long as he brings hope back to Lincoln.

I am hoping we still go 4-1 the rest of the season. I think we should beat Purdue and Minnesota. I think we have 50-50 odds vs. Northwestern and Iowa. I look forward to these 4 games. However, against Penn St., we have 0% chance to win. It is not really a football game. Because, when you call something a game, you imply both sides have a chance to win. Instead of a contest, it will be more like an occupation, like Germany simply occupied the Rhineland and Denmark in WW2.

I'll start his by saying that I am not opposed to Frost. However, I don't think it's a Frost or bust situation, there are plenty of good coaches that could work here at NU. I just hope that we don't get so focused on one guy, that may not even be interested, that we set ourselves up for a let down if it isn't him. If it is Frost great, if it's not and they are a good coach, that's great too.

published yesterday
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footballs-coaching-carousel-will-scott-frost-2018-191153413.html

"Lincoln is a lot more like... Lubbock and Pullman than anyone in Nebraska wants to admit." well he is right about 1 thing - i do not want to admit that - i don't believe it is true.

it was just interesting to hear Thamel - who tries to keep a close eye on the national coaching change picture say names like "Sumlin, Bielema, Schiano" i would feel pessimistic about any of those. Personally I would rather try to catch a rising star than try to polish up a tarnished one.
Yahoo? Give it a break. The biggest fake news organization since MSNBC...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back