• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pet Projects

I'm passing thru Lubbock right now, and my suburban just turned over 279k

Woot!

I also just misjudged a turn, drove wrong way down divided highway for a bit and had to jump curbed median/island to get on right side :Biggrin:

20180603_130026_20180603130153917.jpg

just flipped 280k a few minutes ago.
17 yrs old, and she just greased her first deer last night. Truck is covered in blood and poop now.

Actually looks like you might have lucked out, did any panels take a hit? Looks like it was just the bumper/underskirt and running lights. You could go to a pick and pull and do it all yourself in your garage. Sorry it happened though, did you make jerky out of the carcass?

Here's the 'before' picture of my detached garage attic. Insulated it right after I bought the place in 2013...and hit the road. I'll post some 'now' pictures when I get back this weekend. Drywall hung and finished, painted, light fixtures installed, mini split in and running. Time for flooring, bookcases, trim, concrete countertops and doors and I can actually use the damned thing as an office.

Attic.jpg

Here's a pic of the new 'pet' project I started just a couple weeks ago:

Screenshot_2018-11-16-14-10-57.jpg

8yr old heeler/border collie mix, 6 yr old blue heeler.
I'm fostering them. Previous owner (friend of coworker) recently became divorced and downsized her home, and she didn't feel she could take care of them anymore. She insisted they stay together, but most people are looking for only 1 dog, not 2. I told her that I'd hate to see them separated or end up in a shelter, so I would be her 'last resort' if she couldn't find someone else to take them. But of course no one else would take them, so now I have them. They are great with people, but have some anxiety issues around other dogs. But not as severe as my other dog's anxiety, so its quite manageable. I'm spending a lot of time on their socialization and training, so they will adjust well to their new 'furever' home, whenever/wherever that may be. But at the moment I'm in no hurry to place them somewhere else and we are enjoying our time together :)

Last edited:
Here's the 'before' picture of my detached garage attic. Insulated it right after I bought the place in 2013...and hit the road. I'll post some 'now' pictures when I get back this weekend. Drywall hung and finished, painted, light fixtures installed, mini split in and running. Time for flooring, bookcases, trim, concrete countertops and doors and I can actually use the damned thing as an office.

View attachment 16431
Long weekend...:)

View attachment 16431

Where are the after pics?

Where are the after pics?

Haven't been taken. Getting the work done sporadically over years has created the same picture schedule, LOL.

The upper office area is basically done. Some touch up paint and final cleaning, but I've been using it for a couple of months. Because of the way I had to manipulate office furniture, etc. I couldn't do any 'unoccupied' pictures, but I'll get a few of whole thing with the new setup when I'm home again in two weeks.

Here's another pet project.

Image-1.png.jpeg

Here is a Japanese maple I bought as a 6 or 7" long stick back in Colorado in '02 or 03'. The grower said it was two years old at the time so that would make it roughly 19 now. It's pushing 3' tall and the trunk is about as big around as the neck on a beer bottle. It's made it through assignments in Texas, Virginia, Georgia and both Carolina's.

The hobby has taught me a lot about patience, though I don't use that learned skill to it's full effect.

Here is one of my projects. It is a 1960 Massey-Ferguson 85. This was purchased with a group of implements about 10 years ago. At the time of purchase I was in desperate need of a tractor to clear and maintain 30 acres. My wife was not truly on board with the land purchase and was definitely not on board with the work/equipment needed to convert the land for use. In fairness we were right in the middle of an 8 year span where I was riding vintage motocross and hare scrambles so all of our disposable income was tied up in motorcycles, repair and emergency room visits. Immediately after this purchase I had to sink $1,500 in it to get it running smoothly, which was more than I can say about our marriage at that point. After it was running well it chugged along like an old work horse, slow but sure. After a couple years of pulling out overgrown fence, burning and mowing it wore out again so I spent another wad of cash to get it hauled 30 miles, cracked open and repaired. After that repair I mowed a couple more times then parked it. It has sat in this same spot now for about 6 years.

A sane man would cut his losses. Be thankful that it did its original intended job and sell it. A man enveloped in insanity would still see a use. In my insanity I have set a goal to get it cleaned up and running again just to pull a cart of cut firewood and blade the gravel drive. During occasional bouts of clinical insanity I fashion a dream in my head where I get it painted so I can pull a wagon in a couple local parades. If I spend another penny on it my wife thinks it will come in handy to dispose of my carcass.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back