• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pepsi or Coke?

Pepsi or Coke?

• Pepsi

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Coke

Votes: 60 52.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regardless of the method used to sweeten the beverage, Sugar, corn syrup, cane, molasses, it all bad for you. It's all the same to the body--glucose/fructose/sucrose.

Artificial sweeteners are bad, insofar as they turn on your sweet tooth, and make you crave sweet (eating more sugar/sweet). Whether they are "poison" I will not debate, other than to point out there is no clinical evidence they are harmful. There may be an endocrine component to the artificial sweeteners, because even though the number pf products using artificial sweeteners has risen logarithmically in the last few years, the obesity rate continue to climb.

All carbohydrates (starches and sugars) breakdown to glucose, and are identical to the body, metabolically speaking. So a pile of potatoes = a pile of sugar.

/stepsdownfromsoapbox
Carbs are evil. That said, I have a soda addiction and it made me pre-diabetic. I switched to diet(I drink the Zero's and the 10's if I can find them, not the true diets) and while it appeases my soda needs, it doesn't make me crave other sweets. Keto helps with cravings as well. I am back in the normal A1C levels and will never go back to drinking regular soda no matter how much I miss that sugary taste.

Carbs are evil. That said, I have a soda addiction and it made me pre-diabetic. I switched to diet(I drink the Zero's and the 10's if I can find them, not the true diets) and while it appeases my soda needs, it doesn't make me crave other sweets. Keto helps with cravings as well. I am back in the normal A1C levels and will never go back to drinking regular soda no matter how much I miss that sugary taste.

I'm good with whatever you find, that works, that you find sustainable.

Sustainable change is the key.

I'd rather have soda. :nod:

Don't you mean pop? Or are you from Cherry County?

2012-11-09-Screenshot20121109at3.05.00PM.png

That map fits my perspective ... grew up with 'pop' as the primary term & my bride re-trained my vocabulary that everything is simply 'coke.'

well since one brand has been paying me the last 30+ years I should probably recuse myself

Regardless of the method used to sweeten the beverage, Sugar, corn syrup, cane, molasses, it all bad for you. It's all the same to the body--glucose/fructose/sucrose.

Artificial sweeteners are bad, insofar as they turn on your sweet tooth, and make you crave sweet (eating more sugar/sweet). Whether they are "poison" I will not debate, other than to point out there is no clinical evidence they are harmful. There may be an endocrine component to the artificial sweeteners, because even though the number pf products using artificial sweeteners has risen logarithmically in the last few years, the obesity rate continue to climb.

All carbohydrates (starches and sugars) breakdown to glucose, and are identical to the body, metabolically speaking. So a pile of potatoes = a pile of sugar.

/stepsdownfromsoapbox

I've read some articles in recent years regarding artificial sweeteners like sucrolose (sp) that indicate they effect important gut bacteria and thus lead to weight gain, which is why so many people who drink a lot of "diet" sodas gain weight. Have you read that as well?

Last edited:
I've read some articles in recent years regarding artificial sweeteners like sucrolose (sp) that indicate they effect important gut bacteria and thus lead to weight gain, which is why so many people who drink a lot of "diet" sodas gain weight. Have you read that as well?

I don't know the why, not sure anyone does, but gut flora appears to be important, and to be involved in many serious diseases. FECAL TRANSPLANTS have been proposed as treatment for MS, and other autoimmune diseases. I have not read it in regards to artificial sweeteners. I still use sucralose and/or stevia in my coffee in the morning. Coffee sucks without cream and sugar.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back