• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pepsi or Coke?

Pepsi or Coke?

• Pepsi

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Coke

Votes: 60 52.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also hard on the teeth :Biggrin:

Regardless of the method used to sweeten the beverage, Sugar, corn syrup, cane, molasses, it all bad for you. It's all the same to the body--glucose/fructose/sucrose.

Artificial sweeteners are bad, insofar as they turn on your sweet tooth, and make you crave sweet (eating more sugar/sweet). Whether they are "poison" I will not debate, other than to point out there is no clinical evidence they are harmful. There may be an endocrine component to the artificial sweeteners, because even though the number pf products using artificial sweeteners has risen logarithmically in the last few years, the obesity rate continue to climb.
All carbohydrates (starches and sugars) breakdown to glucose, and are identical to the body, metabolically speaking. So a pile of potatoes = a pile of sugar.

/stepsdownfromsoapbox

It's just that there is so much sugar added to our processed foods these days, that compounding it by drinking a beverage with 10-12t of sugar in 12oz of liquid, the calories really add up.

Part of the reason we all howl for more seat room in Memorial stadium. Though I'd opt for more knee room.

1960-nebraska-huskers-strawberry-soda_1_9c7d6784bd05be012341fff73952033b.jpg

Anyone remember/heard of Husker Beverage? Used to make it in Seward (my hometown) back in the day.

Dr. Pepper.

Neither. But I like Diet Dr. Pepper. Very little difference between diet and regular Dr. Pepper flavor. No aftertaste in diet Pepper ..... just the opposite for diet Coke and Pepsi :Puke:.

Used to be Coca-cola was a cocaine ingredient.

Last edited:
I voted neither. I've had one Pepsi in the last 10 years(it was like drinking dark colored sugar and I threw about half of it away), and zero cokes. I have had a few Sierra Mists in the past year. I'd rather drink either water, iced tea or beer. Soda sucks.

Last edited:
Since Coke and RC were both invented here in Columbus, GA. I will take the coke as it is best with JD and a slice of lime. Pepsi is too sweet. RC is still made here.

Yuck on Coke, but like others have said, give the rights to the one that pays DONU the most.

The real question is going forward...….Miller Light, Coors Light, or Budlight? That decision would make us more than the soda pop decision.

Neither. But I like Diet Dr. Pepper. Very little difference between diet and regular Dr. Pepper flavor. No aftertaste in diet Pepper ..... just the opposite for diet Coke and Pepsi :Puke:.

Used to be Coca-cola was a cocaine ingredient.
Dr. Pepper 10 was outstanding with just 3 carbs. Unfortunately no longer available in my area.

depends... can drink either, if DrP is not an option. That said, not fond of the generic sodas

The real question is going forward...….Miller Light, Coors Light, or Budlight? That decision would make us more than the soda pop decision.

I'm all for freedom of choice and personal responsibility, but a dry stadium seems to keep the drunken rude behavior to a minimum. So, I hope it always stays that way.

We'll likely have to see the end of the sellout streak before we will see beer in Memorial Stadium.

I went to the Big 12 CCG in KC vs. OU in 2006, and it was a drunken mess just in the parking lot. Near fights all around us in the stadium.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Back