• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Penn State/Michigan...Who do we root for?

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
Obviously Michigan is our best victory so we want to keep that win high but we also want the potential Penn State victory to mean as much as possible as well. Keeping in mind that a potential conference tournament game against Michigan is kind of lined up as well...who do we want to win on Wednesday night?

As long as we beat PSU, I don't really care. However, if we knock off PSu, I think we are in as we will be the #4 team in the B1G...

Last edited:
Probably Michigan. Keeps them top 30. PSU will be a mediocre win either way.

Probably doesn't matter. NU just needs to win it and do well in NYC.

I think you gotta say Michigan. At this point, solidifying the 4 spot is meaningless if you lose to PSU on Sunday. Lose that game and it doesn’t matter if we’re the 4 seed or not as we’d likely have to win the tourney to go dancing. It is a bit frustrating what’s going on in the Big 12. Some of those teams on the bubble or last 4 in like OU and Texas. Good grief, OU has lost 6 or so in a row and has a losing conference record. I don’t see how they deserve in over NU. Rant over.

We want Michigan to win for sure. I have a feeling that Penn State is going to win though. I just hope it’s a hard-fought, physical game.

I think you gotta say Michigan. At this point, solidifying the 4 spot is meaningless if you lose to PSU on Sunday. Lose that game and it doesn’t matter if we’re the 4 seed or not as we’d likely have to win the tourney to go dancing.

I think this is the correct answer :nod:

What would happen if we lose to PSU, but then beat Michigan and MSU in the con tourney? Would that be enough or do we have to win the championship as well? Obviously only looking for opinions as its all speculation but I think a win over MSU would guarantee a tourney bid even with a championship loss.

I think you gotta say Michigan. At this point, solidifying the 4 spot is meaningless if you lose to PSU on Sunday. Lose that game and it doesn’t matter if we’re the 4 seed or not as we’d likely have to win the tourney to go dancing. It is a bit frustrating what’s going on in the Big 12. Some of those teams on the bubble or last 4 in like OU and Texas. Good grief, OU has lost 6 or so in a row and has a losing conference record. I don’t see how they deserve in over NU. Rant over.
Agreed. Too much subjectivity yet in the process. They rate because of the perception that the B1G is down this year. I say root for Michigan to lose in over time by 1 to PSU, and then have the Huskers go bonkers on the Nittany Lions on Sunday and win by 20+ !!! Pay back for the bad loss earlier this year. (Although ILL loss still stings miserably)

What would happen if we lose to PSU, but then beat Michigan and MSU in the con tourney? Would that be enough or do we have to win the championship as well? Obviously only looking for opinions as its all speculation but I think a win over MSU would guarantee a tourney bid even with a championship loss.

I hope we don’t find out. But in that scenario we’d be 23-10 going into the finals with a win over #2 MSU and 2 wins over Mich. I dunno. It may be enough on second thought. In any other year I’d say absolutely. This year I’m just not confident.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back