• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Chris Bleich Commits To UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwinghusker

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Kids been committed to Penn State for over a year. Having second thoughts.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-recruiting-notebook-chris-bleich

Chris Bleich is a 6-foot-6, 305-pound offensive tackle from Plymouth, Pa. The 4-star lineman walked into Nebraska’s Red-White game on Saturday a Penn State commit.

He walked out with some thoughts he didn’t expect to have to sort through.

“The trip for me definitely opened up my mind a lot,” Bleich told Land of 10.

Last edited:

Don't know much about the guy, but would love to snag a 4* commit out from under PSU, especially a guy that big. Husker world is really starting to crank up, and if we can win 10 or more this year, it's only a matter of time for Number 6.

Husker world is really starting to crank up, and if we can win 10 or more this year, it's only a matter of time for Number 6.
This is really key. I've been saying it for years. Kinda hanging on a fence, to get the big fish, you gotta win big, to win big, often, you gotta have the big fish. Figure out a way to win some games that matter, and Nebraska recruiting.......the sky is the limit.

I've never understood all the defeatist mentality on this board about recruiting. Nebraska has as much to offer, or more, to a big time recruit as any heavyweight. Just haven't won enough lately. Ohio state's commit list is from all over the country, they win. Nothing any more special in Columbus than Lincoln, and no pro teams. If you win, kids'll travel!!

This is really key. I've been saying it for years. Kinda hanging on a fence, to get the big fish, you gotta win big, to win big, often, you gotta have the big fish. Figure out a way to win some games that matter, and Nebraska recruiting.......the sky is the limit.

I've never understood all the defeatist mentality on this board about recruiting. Nebraska has as much to offer, or more, to a big time recruit as any heavyweight. Just haven't won enough lately. Ohio state's commit list is from all over the country, they win. Nothing any more special in Columbus than Lincoln, and no pro teams. If you win, kids'll travel!!

I have to agree with the bolded for sure. We have a coach who embraces what makes the program and Nebraska as a whole special, and an advantage while ignoring the disadvantages, and he has been able to sell those positives to some pretty big prospects thus far. You hear the comments from those recruits and it echoes what most of us on here know makes NU different and special. IMO the 2 (maybe 3) previous coaching staffs didn't appreciate those factors and rested on their laurels, not selling the unique advantages NU has over many other schools (fan base, facilities, investment, etc.). There seems to be a blend of appreciation for NU with wisdom of the coaching staff that is melding into a positive and productive recruiting juncture. That's just my take.

Last edited:

I have to agree with the bolded for sure. We have a coach who embraces what makes the program and Nebraska as a whole special, and an advantage while ignoring the disadvantages, and he has been able to sell those positives to some pretty big prospects thus far. You hear the comments from those recruits and it echoes what most of us on here know makes NU different and special. IMO the 2 (maybe 3) previous coaching staffs didn't appreciate those factors and rested on their laurels, not selling the unique advantages NU has over many other schools (fan base, facilities, investment, etc.). There seems to be a blend of appreciation for NU with wisdom of the coaching staff that is melding into a positive and productive recruiting juncture. That's just my take.
Everyone has disadvantages. Everyone. Go to USC, play in a half full stadium every week, off campus nonetheless. Go to fsu, or any south team and never play in the cold, which will be required at the next level. So many other things to sell.

NU CAN recruit here, I've never doubted it. Happened before, will happen again as long as the salesman sells the product. Ohio State and Alabama are killing it because they have dynamic salesman, and are winning big.

Wow, after watching his film, this kid doesn't stop until his blocking assignment is on the ground. I like it that's the kind of presence the pipeline needs. That type o-line of play is infectious. GBR!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes. This (see below) all day long.

Everyone has disadvantages. Everyone. Go to USC, play in a half full stadium every week, off campus nonetheless. Go to fsu, or any south team and never play in the cold, which will be required at the next level. So many other things to sell.

NU CAN recruit here, I've never doubted it. Happened before, will happen again as long as the salesman sells the product. Ohio State and Alabama are killing it because they have dynamic salesman, and are winning big.

This would be a tremendous pick up. Especially considering his committment to PSU.

More like a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious pick up.

Not sayin it can't happen, but when
when-pigs-fly-doritos.png

Great fans, facilities, and support staff. Only things we cannot control is beaches, bikinis, and wanting to stay close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back