• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Paul Finebaum

Finebaum is an unashamed SEC stooge. He has his head so far up Nick Saban's ass, he plugs Saban's ulcers with his fingers.

Saban-Finebaum.png

Last edited:
I was surprised to read this column because I heard him on the radio (I think Golic and Wingo show) a day or two ago discussing all the first year coaches who were having a hard time winning a game (UCLA, AZ, NU, FSU). He said of all these coaches, the one he thought was going to be the most successful was our own SF. Then he writes this???

I was surprised to read this column because I heard him on the radio (I think Golic and Wingo show) a day or two ago discussing all the first year coaches who were having a hard time winning a game (UCLA, AZ, NU, FSU). He said of all these coaches, the one he thought was going to be the most successful was our own SF. Then he writes this???

"Any way the wind blows..."

Queen-Bohemian-Rhapsody.jpg

Writes what? There is only one quote from Finebaum in the linked article and it's this:

Mike Greenberg asked Finebaum to finish the sentence, "The most disappointing team in college football right now is…" And here's how the ESPN and SEC Network broadcaster responded:

"I will go with Nebraska. You expected more. Scott Frost is a prodigal son. He won the championship there. He was the hottest coach in the offseason, and that team has just been a disaster. Every week, he says, 'We're gonna learn from this.' What are you going to learn? Your team is terrible. That's not entirely on him, but he has to show something. He has capital though. Some of the other coaches around college football who are O for the season do not."

It stings a little, yes. Most disappointing team in C.F.? Makes sense...as we know, even SF expected more at this point, right? If we break each sentence down is there anything that isn't more or less true? Yes..."Your team is terrible." is harsh but right at this moment it is true. He follows it up with "That's not entirely on him"...I think we all agree. "But he has to show SOMETHING"...I think that's a fair statement. Now, I think we all felt that "something" during or after the CU game but it's fading right now. Then he ends the comment with the "he has capital though...others don't" line which is essentially an acknowledgement that Frost will get plenty of time to work his magic.

So yeah words like "disaster", "terrible", etc. suck but really nothing he said is really out of line, rude, mean or hateful.

None of us like what Finebaum said, but if we take off the Husker Homer glasses, it's pretty hard to argue most of his points. That's the state of the season right now.

But we've got a few games to go, and of course the hope is that some of the guys start to come along and all of them start to play better team football...but man, the folks who were conjuring up a 10 win season for us this year have to be hurting a little right now. At this point, we'd have to be thrilled to go bowling.

They pay him a bunch of money to dog on teams that are performing bad. He's just earning his paycheck. Alabama looks pretty much unbeatable so this is a good year for him.

None of us like what Finebaum said, but if we take off the Husker Homer glasses, it's pretty hard to argue most of his points. That's the state of the season right now.

But we've got a few games to go, and of course the hope is that some of the guys start to come along and all of them start to play better team football...but man, the folks who were conjuring up a 10 win season for us this year have to be hurting a little right now. At this point, we'd have to be thrilled to go bowling.
At this point going to a bowl game is a pretty large stretch. If nu DOES go 6-3 to finish the season that would be a pretty incredible job by frost and co.

Yes and no, it has been a dissappointment, but I don't know about the biggest disappointment. I personally think Willie Taggert is worse even if he has won a game at FSU. I would put SF in a tie with his mentor Chip Kelly at UCLA. :Biggrin::eek:

Yes and no, it has been a dissappointment, but I don't know about the biggest disappointment. I personally think Willie Taggert is worse even if he has won a game at FSU. I would put SF in a tie with his mentor Chip Kelly at UCLA. :Biggrin::eek:
Take a close look at the recruiting classes of FSU and UCLA then compare to what SF inherited. Add that our starting QB was knocked out of the first game. Then we have the michigan disaster where AM plays FAR from 100%? Our backup QB bails just days before opening season? Then our first game is canceled? Need I go on?

Bottom line it only seems fair to exam the REASONS why we are where we are right now. Not saying we couldn't have played better but Finnebaum will be changing his tune before long imo.........

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back