• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Palmer and Copeland put names in NBA draft, will not hire agent so coming back still an option

My take is that this is what any kid should do. Don't blame them one bit and I would imagine this is what they were advised to do.
I agree, to bad they are our best players. Bring in the newcomers. I like the players on the team, maybe we can go further next year.

I agree, to bad they are our best players. Bring in the newcomers. I like the players on the team, maybe we can go further next year.
I think them not hiring agents yet is a decent sign for us (certainly not saying we are out of the woods). For example, Diop from Ohio State said he is declaring and plans to hire an agent.

My take is that this is what any kid should do. Don't blame them one bit and I would imagine this is what they were advised to do.
Absolutely. Doesn't this process identify the positives and weaknesses of each player from NBA evaluators, making it obvious what each player needs to improve upon to increase his value? Any player with pro potential would be dumb not to go through this process.

Didn't Cope say he was moving on already or was that an educated rumor?

Palmer should only go if he's first rounder and that is probably doubtful. Might as well be a free agent compared to 2nd round.

Palmer should only go if he's first rounder and that is probably doubtful. Might as well be a free agent compared to 2nd round.
The rumor was that he would go pro since he has his degree and is older. Palmer doesn't have his degree yet.

Absolutely. Doesn't this process identify the positives and weaknesses of each player from NBA evaluators, making it obvious what each player needs to improve upon to increase his value? Any player with pro potential would be dumb not to go through this process.
Yep, basically tells them what is a strength and what is holding them back. If it's something you think you can improve upon, you probably come back and improve your stock. If it's something you don't have a ton of faith in getting better at, you may just make the jump.

For Copeland, this means that he's not confident in his ability to make the NBA at this point. If he were going to play in Europe if not in the NBA, he might as well hire an agent who could lend him some money to have fun with right now.

Who knows what kids think, but I hope Palmer knows that he probably wouldn't be drafted. I'm biased but he should return.

I do not like it at all. I don't blame the players. They need to look out for what is best for them. I am really only concerned with my husker viewing pleasure. I want the program to have some success. I want to feel like I know the team. Can't do that if the good players only stay one season. Period. Selfish I know, but completely honest. I don't want to know about all the ins and outs of the college basketball free agent market. All I want to know about is how my team is going to build on the successes of this past season. This whole conversation sickens me!

:Puke:

Kentucky deals with one or two and done players all the time. I wish the NBA, NFL, etc. would leave these kids alone but it is what it is. If you get better players, it is something you will always have to deal with

General consensus on Palmer and Copeland.
But McVeigh?? Europe? D-league?
Can I still enter my name?o_O

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back