• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ozigbo doesn’t get a combine invite?

I love Ziggy and think he'll make an NFL roster and have a decent career, but we can't really be that pissed that he didn't get a combine invite. He had a very good senior season by recent Nebraska standards, but it wasn't great in the big scheme of things.

I dunno, that 235lbs looked pretty great zooming around the edge and pulling away from DBs down the sideline.

This is perplexing to me. I'm no NFL scout, but a thousand yard rusher in the Big 10 should at least get evaluated at the combine. I don't care what team they play for.

The list of former Huskers invited to the combine who accomplished less than Ozigbo is a long one.

40 time.

Chicks dig the long ball and NFL scouts live on numbers that don't win football games.
Ozigbo has a faster 40 than Rex, Rex got invited. Plus, I thought the whole point of the combine was to test the players. How do they know what 40 time he'd run?

Ozigbo has a faster 40 than Rex, Rex got invited. Plus, I thought the whole point of the combine was to test the players. How do they know what 40 time he'd run?

Rex had a much more impressive career at NU. Again, not hating on Ziggy, I love the guy, but I get why he's not high on a lot of NFL teams radars. Doesn't make them right, but I get it.

You're right in that the combine is a 'test' of the players, but it's not in a vacuum. They've got data prior to the invite that helps determine who gets in and who doesn't.

Ziggy will make an NFL roster. I don't doubt it for a second. That's really all that matters since, IMO, he wouldn't rate that highly at the combine and I wouldn't care. He's a football player, not a shorts and tank top athlete.

That's what Im saying. I could see him going undrafted, but not even getting invited to work out is bizarre imo.
There are other workouts that will be in play. Pro days and individual invites. It would be great to watch him at the combine so maybe there will be a late invite. There usually are a few.

40 time.

Chicks dig the long ball and NFL scouts live on numbers that don't win football games.

Strange thing is that I think he'll have a very good 40 time... not a 4.4, but I can see around 4.5

I'd really like to know what his numbers were when he got to campus and what they were before Duval, and now what they are AFTER a year of Duval and Ellis. I suspect we'll see some real improvement.

He was not only quick and shifty between the tackles, he showed the speed to get to the edge and outrun people. I think Frost was right, he's a guy playing on Sundays

Rex had a much more impressive career at NU. Again, not hating on Ziggy, I love the guy, but I get why he's not high on a lot of NFL teams radars. Doesn't make them right, but I get it.

You're right in that the combine is a 'test' of the players, but it's not in a vacuum. They've got data prior to the invite that helps determine who gets in and who doesn't.

Ziggy will make an NFL roster. I don't doubt it for a second. That's really all that matters since, IMO, he wouldn't rate that highly at the combine and I wouldn't care. He's a football player, not a shorts and tank top athlete.
The dude averaged over 7 yards a carry for an entire season against one of the toughest schedules in the country. I understand what you're saying, but it still doesn't make sense that he doesnt get an invite.

Strange thing is that I think he'll have a very good 40 time... not a 4.4, but I can see around 4.5

I'd really like to know what his numbers were when he got to campus and what they were before Duval, and now what they are AFTER a year of Duval and Ellis. I suspect we'll see some real improvement.

He was not only quick and shifty between the tackles, he showed the speed to get to the edge and outrun people. I think Frost was right, he's a guy playing on Sundays

And I've said the same thing. He's a guy playing on Sundays.

I understand the slight, because it happens.... a lot. Many players that are currently in the NFL weren't invited to the combine. The NFL doesn't always get it right.

The dude averaged over 7 yards a carry for an entire season against one of the toughest schedules in the country. I understand what you're saying, but it still doesn't make sense that he doesnt get an invite.

You're preaching to the choir and for the record, nobody from the NFL asked me if he should be included. He was a late bloomer and will do well at the next level. I'll root for him as long as he doesn't end up in freaking New England.

I'm not sure he'll hit 4.5, but between 4.5 and 4.7 is about right.

He's a much improved player, partially because he's improved and partially because the offense used his skill set more effectively. Either way, he's fun to watch.

Yep. People throw rocks at things that shine. I want our Huskers to be hated again in college football like we were in the 90's.

Tom Osborne didn't secretly tape Oklahoma practices and Frank Solich didn't deflate balls.

Pats are as crooked as a three dollar bill.

The combine allows scouts to see all of the guys that they think are possibly NFL ready and measure them against each other. Let’s start our own combine for the best 150 guys that get left out of the combine. I’ll be CEO. The rest of you, get to work! Now then.....who shall we get to host and run the 40 in a dress suit?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back