• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OWH: Miles To Present Moos With His "Five Year Plan"

Extending Miles also give you another year to payoff all those former FB coaches still on payroll.

Also, I think he deserves the extension. Projected 12-16th in league, and finished 4th? Even if league sucked, that's a helluva turnaround.
I really think that ranking was a direct reflection on Miles and his crash and burn last year. Toss in the defections, and that ranking seems reasonable with one caveat: the talent. I don’t think the writers really knew what we had to work with.

Nearly all have said this years roster was one of the most talented in memory. The incoming players, the depth that pushed starters harder, none of that was reflected in that ranking.

If there was a disappointment for me it was the fact we still never really created set plays to get specific looks when we needed them.

-Scoring droughts were still an issue.
-Late game scoring was still hard to come by.
-Not having a consistent perimeter threat hasn’t been addressed.
-Questionable play from the point.

These are basic parts of a game that the coach is in control of, yet Miles still hasn’t been able to put the pieces in place. I love what he’s done with recruiting, now I’d just like to see him get the best out of the talent we have.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back