• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Our next five opponents

If you judge Penn State solely by how they looked against Michigan, yeah, they will completely dominate us.

But if you also look at how they played against a mediocre Iowa team, they're as susceptible to having a bad game as anyone else.

Still, I agree that it will be almost impossible for us to beat them. Every other team on the schedule is beatable.
barkley will probably wrap up the heisman with a 300 yard+ performance.

Not any worse than members taking personal attacks at others for expressing an opinion

Know one said it was. All I am saying is it would be nice to have a thread where the discussion could stay on point and actually have a give and take on the issue without veering back to the same discussion being had in thread after thread. It becomes mind numbing and rote after a while and a lot of folks just give up and cease to post or post little because of it.

Look its not a good situation right now no one is arguing that it is.

Bottom line if that is what folks want to do it then so be it. As long as its civil then have at it. However it would be nice if we could have a thread or two where we could talk about an upcoming game without having the potential hiring or firing take over yet another thread.

Last edited:
He's no where near Urban status, that's just absurd.

How's Tom Herman doing? What about McElwain? Which is about where Frost is at.

Frost may be great but saying he's a home run hire right now is a guess at best. Plenty of coaches have done well for a year.
Neither was urban until he got to Florida. Texas will be strong soon enough.

Last edited:

Actually, I would let Riley go one loss quicker if Frost becomes available this year than if he doesn't. If our AD is any good he's going to get some ears on Frost about that. I can fully imagine Riley getting another year at a worse record if Frost isn't seeking to move this year. And I'm not saying it will happen because it would be out of the ordinary, but I can even see a potential deal out there about it, depending on what's most important to the parties.

Not because Frost is definitely better than any other candidate, but if he moves Nebraska wants him. I agree with you the other coaches that might be available are not unique opportunities.
I don't want him back even if he won out. It's more than time to move on.
Your discord is well documented

I think they will be able to find that out. Mentioned this before and take this with a grain of salt because this came from a friend of a friend but Frost indicated he’d be on the next flight out if a call was placed asking him to come home. But things could change, he’s having a kid. Maybe momma wants to stay in FL. But the bottom line is Moos will know whether he is open to coming or not.
A friend of a friend? Is one of them a cable installer?

If you think for one second that Frost has indicated to anyone that could possibly leak the info you're crazy. If your friend of a friend knows, so does everyone else.

All this Frost talk reminds me of the Bo talk before he got here. Ridiculous and we're guessing at how Frost would do. He's not a home run, he's a swinging at a fast ball with your eyes closed hoping you connect kind of guy at this point.

A friend of a friend? Is one of them a cable installer?

If you think for one second that Frost has indicated to anyone that could possibly leak the info you're crazy. If your friend of a friend knows, so does everyone else.

All this Frost talk reminds me of the Bo talk before he got here. Ridiculous and we're guessing at how Frost would do. He's not a home run, he's a swinging at a fast ball with your eyes closed hoping you connect kind of guy at this point.

I think all but a small handful of coaches fit that description, though. At this point, I think Frost is worth the risk if a change is made and he wants it

I think all but a small handful of coaches fit that description, though. At this point, I think Frost is worth the risk if a change is made and he wants it
I agree with you for the most part. I don't know that we've given MR enough time yet but if a change was made, provided the season continues as predicted, I'm ok with that.

Frost is a risk and may be worth taking but asserting for a fact that he's a home run hire and that a friend of a friend knows he'd be here in a second is beyond absurd.

upload_2017-10-22_12-45-12.png

We are currently 3-4. IF we go 4-1 then we'll be 7-5 and probably Bowl eligible. Could finish 8-5. Not sure that will be enough for MR to save his job. I think it might be how close the score our wins are.

If he wins 8 with the bowl win, that will be better than most people that saw practices predicted.

I believe *** said if we win 9 Riley should get thoughts of coach of the year.

We're young, if the players can rally and play well the rest of the year, we should keep Riley unless there is a lock home run hire out there. Right now, there isn't such a hire anyone knows of.

Finishing better than predicted should not save anyone’s job. A prediction is just a guess, and the fact that some people thought this team would do poorly speaks volumes. Finishing slightly better than this prediction of mediocrity does not equal success; it just means his team might not be as bad as people predicted. You can’t give out hip hip horays for winning 7 when people thought you were bad enough to only win 6. 7-5 is unacceptable at NU, especially with this schedule in year 3 with a QB suited to run his system.

I think we win the against Purdue, NW and Minnesota. I don't think we beat PSU, but we do get them at the end of their tough stretch against Michigan, OSU and MSU. That could make a difference in how they play. Iowa is a real toss up. Lately I think Iowa has wanted it more than Nebraska.

I am not so sure MR is gone like others seem to think he is. If this team really shows improvement over the last 5 games, which is very possible, and finishes 4-1 I think all bets are off.

I agree with you for the most part. I don't know that we've given MR enough time yet but if a change was made, provided the season continues as predicted, I'm ok with that.

Frost is a risk and may be worth taking but asserting for a fact that he's a home run hire and that a friend of a friend knows he'd be here in a second is beyond absurd.
Riley has had more than enough time to show all of us that he sucks. Not sure what the hell youre watching, but it's pretty evident.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back