• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this coaching staff lives up to the pedigree most have assured us they have and you don't expect strong improvement in TA's game then I think that is the epitome of inconsistency.

The one thing that I do hope I see is that if TA struggles then I would like to see Darlington or Bush have a chance to compete in prime time. I honestly think that would make the position better

I think it's funny that some people think that the short pass is coached. He might be a leader but he is in no way a good passer. I don't see that changing. The other thing that makes me laugh is when people talk about how let's see how he does in a different offense. To think that he can't complete an easy pass in one offence its going to be easier in a different one is kind of crazy if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong but Im not buying into it.

Mechanics like footwork, setup, and throwing motion are coached and when done properly, can result in better results.

If this coaching staff lives up to the pedigree most have assured us they have and you don't expect strong improvement in TA's game then I think that is the epitome of inconsistency.

The one thing that I do hope I see is that if TA struggles then I would like to see Darlington or Bush have a chance to compete in prime time. I honestly think that would make the position better

Agreed....I thought Darlington looked the best in the Spring game and I'm convinced that if TA didn't have the experience factor, he'd be at least CO #1 at th every least. IMO, the new staff has the opportunity to make changes as they see fit at the QB spot and hopefully will take every opportunity to see what they have.

I think it's funny that some people think that the short pass is coached. He might be a leader but he is in no way a good passer. I don't see that changing. The other thing that makes me laugh is when people talk about how let's see how he does in a different offense. To think that he can't complete an easy pass in one offence its going to be easier in a different one is kind of crazy if you ask me. Maybe I'm wrong but Im not buying into it.

Mechanics like footwork, setup, and throwing motion are coached and when done properly, can result in better results.

I'd be surprised if they messed with his throwing motion too much... maybe try to quicken the release a bit. But you're right in saying coaching can help. Quicker drops, correct steps, etc can al lead to greater success.

Tommy can throw short passes just fine... it's doing it unde live fire that's harder for him.

I'd be surprised if they messed with his throwing motion too much... maybe try to quicken the release a bit. But you're right in saying coaching can help. Quicker drops, correct steps, etc can al lead to greater success.

Tommy can throw short passes just fine... it's doing it unde live fire that's harder for him.

That's like saying you can fly a plane just fine on a simulator but God forbid you ever get in a real cockpit. Not very reassuring if you ask me.

That's like saying you can fly a plane just fine on a simulator but God forbid you ever get in a real cockpit. Not very reassuring if you ask me.

Or it could be that he's a good pilot but isn't quite ready for Top Gun.

Not answering for NU Alum but with a clean slate, TA has a leg up being the incumbent. If he gets the nod at the beginning of the year, its his to lose. As everyone gets comfortable with the new system, those down the depth chart might have better tools to run the offense more efficiently. Its all speculation at this point. No absolutes.

Thats said, the longer a QB is entrenched as the man, the harder it is to replace him.

I love TA and his attitude but he isn't a great passer. I think with another year under Riley and Langs a better passer will emerge. TA could change a few things and get to be a decent passer and keep the job given his legs and leadership ability, I just think a full year under two good QB coaches might lead to another taking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back