• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why can't people just move on(especially sports writers)? And, he really needs to do something about that name*.... LOL...It conjures up a heavy night of drinking.....

*Barfknecht....... YIKES!!!!!

Needs to move on.

It's really funny to me, reporters ask the questions all the time "what makes this so much different than previous years" and you either don't answer it or people blow it way out of proportion. Something as simple as "well, I don't want to go there but it looks like the kids are really having fun this spring with the new staff" could be turned into what a horrible time our players were having. My friend always says "well, don't piss off the media". Partially right, but the journalists need to show some restraint as well.

Riley is here, he has plenty of positives without comparing him to previous regime...

Last edited:

It's really funny to me, reporters ask the questions all the time "what makes this so much different than previous years" and you either don't answer it or people blow it way out of proportion. Something as simple as "well, I don't want to go there but it looks like the kids are really having fun this spring with the new staff" could be turned into what a horrible time our players were having...

Riley is here, he has plenty of positives without comparing him to previous regime...

Well said. The media needs to move on and start judging Mike on his own merit.

Exactly this......

Barfknecht sounds like a school girl who got her heart broken by a guy who she found out didn't really want to be seen with her in the hallways.

He wrote and entire article trying to get people to rehash hate at the previous staff, more specifically, the HC. Like the players were all dreading being in the program.

He's even giving praises like "the football complex’s second floor have allowed us to identify two significant changes that put the Huskers back on track toward winning championships." to a coach who has yet to gain an actual win or loss as the NU head coach.

This is the most immature article I've seen in quite some time. Barfknecht needs to tuck his skirt in and move on. Let us shed love for where we are headed without hating our passed, because regardless of the lack of championships, it wasn't terrible nor anything like this dumb quote in the article, "Had you listened only to That Other Guy through the years, you’d think Lincoln was Siberia with 7-Elevens".

Not terribly surprising as the press never really liked Bo and Co. However; with all things even prejudiced articles there is a grain of truth.

This. Lee didn't ever care for Bo, although he did give him a chance, it was Bo, not Lee, who soured the relationship.

Keep in mind this is a commentary, thus Lee's opinion. As a columnist for the OWH, thats what he does, is writes his opinion.

I haven't seen Dirks commentary blasting Bo yet, but I'm sure its coming.

It's really funny to me, reporters ask the questions all the time "what makes this so much different than previous years" and you either don't answer it or people blow it way out of proportion. Something as simple as "well, I don't want to go there but it looks like the kids are really having fun this spring with the new staff" could be turned into what a horrible time our players were having. My friend always says "well, don't piss off the media". Partially right, but the journalists need to show some restraint as well.

Not terribly surprising as the press never really liked Bo and Co. However; with all things even prejudiced articles there is a grain of truth.

There is definitely some truth in the article. However, as a Bo detractor I'm trying hard to move forward by riding the positive karmic wave we're currently on with Riley; maybe Lee can do so now that he has this off his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back