• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OPENING DAY!

Yankees!!!

I have been to one MLB game. It was April 17, 2004 game at Wrigley. Kerry Wood pitching when he still had stuff and Ken Griffey Jr. in red. Buddy's brother got us tickets. Fugured we would be in the nosebleeds, nope. 16 rows up, right off the 3rd base line, directly in line with 2nd. Great day. Cold with the shadows and the wind, but great none the less.

Worth checking out as Camden Yards is very nice... but you don't really get a great fan experience there any longer as there's typically 4-5 times as many empty seats as people in attendance... at least by mid-season when they O's are basically eliminated. Citizen's Bank Park in Philadelphia is every bit as nice, had better eating options (I think Camden Yards may have seen some of original vendors lose enough money that they left), and led the majors in percentage capacity for attendance last season (103% average per game). It's a tough ticket in Philly but completely worth it.

15-16,000 a game except when Boston or NewYork are in and then it is a sellout and the parking lots go from $10 to $20 a game. RedSox and Yankee fans far outnumber O's fans and I prefer to avoid or sell those game tix.

Worth checking out as Camden Yards is very nice... but you don't really get a great fan experience there any longer as there's typically 4-5 times as many empty seats as people in attendance... at least by mid-season when they O's are basically eliminated. Citizen's Bank Park in Philadelphia is every bit as nice, had better eating options (I think Camden Yards may have seen some of original vendors lose enough money that they left), and led the majors in percentage capacity for attendance last season (103% average per game). It's a tough ticket in Philly but completely worth it.

HWM, when I get my game list I'll contact you. Maybe you would be interested in coming down to a game with me. Have 2 seats about 10 rows from the field behind the O's dugout.

15-16,000 a game except when Boston or NewYork are in and then it is a sellout and the parking lots go from $10 to $20 a game. RedSox and Yankee fans far outnumber O's fans and I prefer to avoid or sell those game tix.

15-16,000 paid maybe... (which would be about a third full)... but I can promise you that the last couple of games I went to there weren't more than 5-8,000 in attendance.... granted, the last game I went to last season was against Oakland, so neither team had appeal. But yes, if NYY or BOS is in town, it boosts the numbers, no doubt. When Philly plays there for interleague it's the same thing. Only 3 stadiums had a lower percentage of capacity last season... Oakland, Cleveland, and Toronto.

HWM, when I get my game list I'll contact you. Maybe you would be interested in coming down to a game with me. Have 2 seats about 10 rows from the field behind the O's dugout.

I might just consider that! It's only about a 90min drive for me -- completely doable. Thanks, Thot! :)

I wish I could say I had tickets for the Phillies... but I usually manage to go to 3-4 games per season. Fortunately, the company suite is directly behind home plate, so I'll go to 1-2 in complete luxury! :)

Last edited:

I'm very excited about baseball being back! I watch on TV and keep track of who beat who, and who had a good day, but I'm somewhat of a fair weather fan. Hate freezing at baseball games. Have sat in frigid temps at Memorial stadium a number of times, but not for baseball. I usually begin attending games in May.

This just in. There is a Mariners beer vendor who you can tweet to bring you beer. Technology wins.

Fannnnnnnnnnnn-tastic opening day win for the Phillies.

Were down 4-0, and mount a late game comeback to win 5-4 in the bottom of the ninth.

Craziness.

Red Sox have 15 players on their roster that have played in an All-Star game.

The Royals had three, maybe four, pitchers have their MLB debut yesterday.

:lol:

Fannnnnnnnnnnn-tastic opening day win for the Phillies.

Were down 4-0, and mount a late game comeback to win 5-4 in the bottom of the ninth.

Craziness.

having lived in the philly area for 11 years now... i've grown to know never to give up on this team... i have seen countless come-from-behind game winners in the 9th with philadelphia... dramatic win after dramatic win (and it never gets old). :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back