• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked On to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear they figured out that if TA was running the ball...he wasn't throwing it, so they maximized his skill set by keeping the ball out of the air.

Yep, it was a great awakening that only standing on the sidelines of Tom Osborne field that could have led to such revelations.

In regards to 2018. I don't think past Nebraska offensive players have played a large roll in helping the coaches identify going forward who they feel will be good recruits for their desired offense. This is especially true when considering QB recruits.

#OnTopic

Guessing these are headed to 4* WR Mauel Allen and 4* ATH Talanoa Hufanga

Last edited:
@ShortSideOption @N2FL either of you have any insight into what NU's interest level is with Grayson Mann? Is Bray still high on him?

That's a good question. There was clearly strong interest in him before the switch to the 3-4. With several DE's moving to LB'er, the room is a lot fuller right now and the profile of what they're recruiting has changed now too. I've heard Nebraska won't be taking a lot of LB'ers in this class and might completely skip an ILB altogether. Mann is only around 6-1 and despite playing a lot of DE at the HS level - which is appealing for OLB's now in this system - he might not fit the profile they are looking for. They are probably going to start looking at kids who are 6-3 and taller. Most of their offers seem to be trending towards guys in that range, and most of the kids who are 6-1, 6-2, that they have offered, are consensus four-star guys who have higher ceilings and are maybe more athletic.

Last November, I would have banked on Mann being a part of the 2018 class at some point, now I am not so sure. With only a couple spots to fill (if that), they might try and aim for the fences, sort of like they did in 2017 with their DBs. They might swing for guys like Dorian Hardy, Devin O'Rourke, Ronnie Perkins, Adrian Jackson, Christopher Oats and Reggie Hughes (and a few guys who will get offers down the line) and run the risk of Mann ending up elsewhere. It happened to several DB's who were 2nd tier guys last season. IMPO its a good strategy with the LB'ers this year, just like I agreed with doing the same at DB. If they end up with just one LB and he is the equivalent of Elijah Blades, the staff can be very satisfied with that.

Also, Nebraska is still the leader for Miami's James Head, who at 6-5, 210-215 is a much better fit in the new defense. This is a kid who Nebraska is going to need to debate whether to try and full-court press to get him in this class or watch him go elsewhere. Mississippi State is his No.2 and they are going after him pretty hard. He also has an offer from South Carolina and home town Miami is starting to sniff around.

Only a small mention, but a mention nonetheless. We're back in the same breath of "national powers" from a recruiting standpoint at least.

https://n.rivals.com/news/west-region-five-predictions-for-2018-class-heading-into-spring

5. National powers will get theirs

Last recruiting cycle, two of the top three prospects in California left the Pac-12 when five-star RB Najee Harrispicked Alabama and five-star OL Wyatt Davis went to Ohio State. In the previous recruiting class, two of the top five players departed when five-star LB Caleb Kellypicked Oklahoma and five-star OT Jonah Williams went to the Crimson Tide.

Expect other top California talent to depart for some of the nation’s highest-profile programs although it’s still too early to make any predictions.

Alabama and Ohio State have dipped into the West for outstanding talent in recent recruiting cycles and that should have a snowball effect. Michigan is working hard with many top recruits as is Nebraska, Florida State, LSU and others.

In the end, a majority will probably stay closer to home but there’s no question those national programs coming into the West is having an influence on some top recruits and it should continue into the future.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back