• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Olympic Hockey Thread 2014

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Games underway for the ladies and the USA and Canada.....as expected our the cream of the crop of the eight team competition.....USA is the odds on favorite to win the women's competition an if you have seen them you know why.....fast, athletic and if the have to can play physical.....best player in the world too.....in a Amanda Kessel.....

Canada vs USA on Wednesday....

Last edited:

Goals galore: U.S. puts Kessel, van Riemsdyk and Pavelski on line

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...uts-kessel-van-riemsdyk-and-pavelski-on-line/

This is arguably the best team we have ever sent to the Olympics....big ice is the big ?

Lot of offense from our defense too.....Carlson has 10 goals....McDonough has 8...... Shattenkirk has 8.....Sutter 6.....Fowler 6......

I think our speed and athleticism plays to a large surface....like our chances.....

I'm going with Canada...speed unmatched and having NHLs tops scorers doesnt hurt

Crosby, Sharp, Toews. Toews playing center with Sharp will be an asset that will get Sharp teh puck and he scores when he has it. Crosby has to be acounded for at all times...cant make to many mistakes with him or the puck will find the net.

Im cheering for the USA womens team the Twins are probably the best in the world...Canada and USA ...HATE no they really do HATE each other

USA is not lacking in offense.....and I would argue is equal to Canada.....and our D and goalkeeping is better....

Kessel, Keesler, Kane etc. are at over 30 goals each....

I'm going with Canada...speed unmatched and having NHLs tops scorers doesnt hurt

Crosby, Sharp, Toews. Toews playing center with Sharp will be an asset that will get Sharp teh puck and he scores when he has it. Crosby has to be acounded for at all times...cant make to many mistakes with him or the puck will find the net.

Im cheering for the USA womens team the Twins are probably the best in the world...Canada and USA ...HATE no they really do HATE each other

Last edited:

USA is not lacking in offense.....and I would argue is equal to Canada.....and our D and goalkeeping is better....

Kessel, Keesler, Kane etc. are at over 30 goals each....

Ok was only giving my opinions for the team I was cheering for....sorry

the 30 goals doesn't match up with the leaders Canada has. Not sure what the argument is but go a head if you feel the need. Crosby who leads the NHL and Getzlaf who is 2nd in the NHL is 3rd line center on team Canada. Canada with Babcock at coach can not be taken lightly. He left a lot of scorers at home in exchange for speed. they will be rolling 4 lines..fresh legs all DAY long

Anyhoo good luck

Go Canada

Thornton was left off the team yet he has 43 assists but a little slower than what canada was looking for.

Def?

So will the USA....:)

As I'm only giving my opinion....thought it was a good discussion...

Canada' real Achilles is their goal tending.....

Ok was only giving my opinions for the team I was cheering for....sorry

the 30 goals doesn't match up with the leaders Canada has. Not sure what the argument is but go a head if you feel the need. Crosby who leads the NHL and Getzlaf who is 2nd in the NHL is 3rd line center on team Canada. Canada with Babcock at coach can not be taken lightly. He left a lot of scorers at home in exchange for speed. they will be rolling 4 lines..fresh legs all DAY long

Anyhoo good luck

Go Canada

Thornton was left off the team yet he has 43 assists but a little slower than what canada was looking for.

Def?

Last edited:
USA Goal leaders: Kessel 31, Kane 27, Pavelski 29, Pacioretty 26, van Riemsdyk 24 & Kessler & Backes 20 each

USA Assist leaders: Kane 36, Kessel 34, Oshie 32, Pavelski 25, Stastny 24 & van Riemsdyk 23

Canada should do well coming out of the gate with Norway and Austria neither team who is very good.....they surely got the easiest of the three groups.....USA arguably the hardest group opening with Slovakia and then Russia.....

Should be fun.....going to be interesting to see how the larger ice play into the games of the USA & Canada.....neither of whom has done well outside of N. America....

Yeah goaltending will be Canada downfall for sure
the larger Ice may be a concern but I think that is why teams are loading for speed. Yet when I say that The swedes and Russians are super fast.
When played on this size Ice both Canada or the US failed to medal ...98 and again in 2006,.

This may be the last year to see NHL players compete

We agree.....

Honestly I'd like to see the college kids again....

Yeah goaltending will be Canada downfall for sure
the larger Ice may be a concern but I think that is why teams are loading for speed. Yet when I say that The swedes and Russians are super fast.
When played on this size Ice both Canada or the US failed to medal ...98 and again in 2006,.

This may be the last year to see NHL players compete

Some horrendous officiating in the Canada vs. USA women's group stage match including a goal that should not have counted (for Canada) as the whistle had blown and three (that I counted) too many woman on the ice by Canada that were not called penalties....got to do better than that in a match of such importance.....

Canada got a gift in this one....will meet again in the final.....

Some horrendous officiating in the Canada vs. USA women's group stage match including a goal that should not have counted (for Canada) as the whistle had blown and three (that I counted) too many woman on the ice by Canada that were not called penalties....got to do better than that in a match of such importance.....

Canada got a gift in this one....will meet again in the final.....

I agree...USA should dominate though,,,something wasnt right.
Both teams wound too tight as they really do Hate each other

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back