• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ole Miss

Ole Miss deserves harsh penalties, much more severe than what they have self-imposed. They were so dirty, and it was so blatant. It was like they weren't even trying to hide it and were proud of being so brazen. I'm not sure if the NCAA even looked at the Stringfellow situation in their investigation, but that was just so obviously crooked.

They aren't getting the death penalty. I don't think that will ever happen again, barring something crazy, (SMU still hasn't recovered 32 years later). They WILL get some additional penalties though. Scholarship losses for sure. Additional bowl band prolly.

They aren't getting the death penalty. I don't think that will ever happen again, barring something crazy, (SMU still hasn't recovered 32 years later). They WILL get some additional penalties though. Scholarship losses for sure. Additional bowl band prolly.
Who's band will they take to a bowl?

Wonder if Freeze is going to reach out to FHCBP again... tell him he is sorry he did not listen to Bo's insinuations... hahah

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/hugh_freeze_responds_to_bo_pel.html

More often than not I prefer our HC take the high road, especially think our FHC should have done that way more often. However, I loved what he said in that situation. There are times when the insinuations need to be made and that was one of them IMO.

I don't know that I'd say "never" but agree it's highly unlikely. As for SMU, I guess it's a matter of perspective. What kind of a program were they before they started cheating like they did? Could the argument be made that they simply went on as they were prior to rampant cheating? I honestly don't really know what they were like as a program prior to that.

I don't know that I'd say "never" but agree it's highly unlikely. As for SMU, I guess it's a matter of perspective. What kind of a program were they before they started cheating like they did? Could the argument be made that they simply went on as they were prior to rampant cheating? I honestly don't really know what they were like as a program prior to that.
They lost a confrence, which was big also.

SMU was the joke of the SWC. This was discussed pretty heavily in the 30 for 30 about it. How the oil millionaires in Dallas were tired of getting crap from their partners who went to Texass and aTm. So they got together and decided to buy a competitive team. Once they started it became ridiculous. Even under sanctions they continued to pay players. Mainly because it was so bad that they were basically black mailed by some players to keep paying or they would report them to the NCAA.

SMU was the joke of the SWC. This was discussed pretty heavily in the 30 for 30 about it. How the oil millionaires in Dallas were tired of getting crap from their partners who went to Texass and aTm. So they got together and decided to buy a competitive team. Once they started it became ridiculous. Even under sanctions they continued to pay players. Mainly because it was so bad that they were basically black mailed by some players to keep paying or they would report them to the NCAA.

So right, they pretty much just resumed their normal path after the death penalty then. So the whole, "they haven't recovered in 30 years" is just not true.

They lost a confrence, which was big also.

I'm curious where you're coming from here. You think they would have joined the Big 12 over Baylor or someone else? Or you think another big conference would have snagged them? Or a third option I guess, the SWC never collapses?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back