• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked OL 4* Tyrone Sampson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very strange recruiting saga. It would be great if we get Sampson, but agreed that seems unlikely without him ever having visited. Then again, we're getting recent CB predictions for him.
Didn't we get an early signee this year who didn't visit? Or maybe a commit who only visited after he committed? I would bet we have gotten 1 or 2 signed players who never visited, every year though I am going off of the top of my head and could be wrong.

Didn't we get an early signee this year who didn't visit? Or maybe a commit who only visited after he committed? I would bet we have gotten 1 or 2 signed players who never visited, every year though I am going off of the top of my head and could be wrong.
You are correct. Watt commited before visiting this year.

In suppose it’s a possibility that Sampson could come in after the signing date. Hadn’t really thought of that. Not sure we will have room... but we might make room for a 4* OL.

In suppose it’s a possibility that Sampson could come in after the signing date. Hadn’t really thought of that. Not sure we will have room... but we might make room for a 4* OL.
We had better make room if he wants to play for NU.

Yep, I agree. These last few days, are shaping up to be really wild and up in the air.

Making a verbal commitment before visiting (like Watt did) is not all that unusual. I think Beason (a high school junior this year) also committed to Riley before visiting, but he has since de-committed.

Signing an LOI without visiting is what would make this case very unusual.

Wonder what the issue was here. He had some better offers. Good luck to him

Yep. Sounds like something went on. I thought it was possible we might still sign this kid when he didn't sign with anyone on NSD. This guy retweeted Sampson's announcement tweet with this comment.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back