• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OKLAHOMA

I can't get too excited about it. The game commemorating the Game of the Century will be cool but without a conference title on the line, any game against OU is just another game. I've already moved on.

I guess I'm one of a few on the thread who would say hell yes, bring them on every year. Home and home. Game 3. Beats playing Akron or North Dakota State. Load the schedule. Gain even more interest and excitement from recruits. Frost-Riley....both young and a perfect time to continue it after 2022.

I think it was Cally when he dropped the F-Bomb Hillbillies on them.

Yep, and our O-lineman (can't recall his name) 'bumped' one of their hillbilly guy cheerleaders into a wall, chipping his tooth. Cally followed that game the next season with the throat slash after refs refused to call holding on Oklahoma and Adrian Peterson ran all over us. I was at that game and it wasn't fun as the lone OU fan in my section stood and chanted "All Day!" through the entire game. Ugh

Last edited:
The big 12 was doomed from the time they decided to cancel OU/NU on an annual basis. Shows you how smart suits are, lol. Screw them. They hitched their little wagon to Texas.

Yep, and our O-lineman (can't recall his name) 'bumped' one of their hillbilly guy cheerleaders into a wall, chipping his tooth. Cally followed that game the next season with the throat slash after refs refused to call holding on Oklahoma and Adrian Peterson ran all over us. I was at that game and it wasn't fun as the lone OU fan in my section stood and chanted "All Day!" through the entire game. Ugh

Most of the Okie fans aren't capable of more than two-word sentences. "All day." "Boomer Sooner." "More beer", etc.

Just let em join the Big Ten with Texas.

We hate the Horns, so battle it out on the field. Plus NU, OU, UT and Wisconsin balances nicely against OSU, PSU, and the Meatchicken Brothers.

I don't mind scheduling them once in awhile. I also embrace past rivalries and history, but that is what NU-OU is now. History. There were some great games in the series, no doubt.
This is not going to be a rivalry rekindled, unless the unlikely event happens and another conference shake up puts the teams back together in the same division. Currently, I don't see OU any differently than a Texas or Florida St or someone like that.

For now, job one is to start building the rivalries with Iowa and Wisconsin. We have work to do to become the hunted in our own division. That is where the possible rivalries lie. But as we USED to say, if you want to be a rival you have to win a few games and earn it.

Right now Oklahoma is just a good game on the schedule for me.

The only way we'll see an annual series return is if OU joins the Big 10.

I'm for it, screw UT! OU and NU made each other undeniably better. Still have the greatest respect for OU even as a bitter (or not so bitter) foe.

I'm for it, screw UT! OU and NU made each other undeniably better. Still have the greatest respect for OU even as a bitter (or not so bitter) foe.
I think 14 teams is big enough. You think our schedule is tough this year? Imagine if we had to substitute Troy for Oklahoma.

I think 14 teams is big enough. You think our schedule is tough this year? Imagine if we had to substitute Troy for Oklahoma.
Two different thoughts here:

1) Add OU and UT as a conference member ... 16 team conference ... 8 team divisions. Play 7 division games, 2 cross-over games. 3 non-conference games ... still get to schedule Troy.

2) Add OU as a regular non-conference opponent ... that would be the one regular P5 opponent we play every year ... the other two non-conference games would be the Ark State, NIU, Troy, Akron, Florida A&M ... type opponents.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back