• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OKLAHOMA

Much as I liked those games, I thought the NU KU game had more tradition behind it over the years. It just was a long time, long time rivalry that had a downer because NU usually won. But they were good fans and they liked to drive up to Lincoln. The drive down there was also easy for students to make. That's the one I'd like to see started up again.

Much as I liked those games, I thought the NU KU game had more tradition behind it over the years. It just was a long time, long time rivalry that had a downer because NU usually won. But they were good fans and they liked to drive up to Lincoln. The drive down there was also easy for students to make. That's the one I'd like to see started up again.
We need wins but come on man. Lol

It would be nice but with 9 conference games, playing OK every year would be scheduling suicide. It would be great for fans no doubt. GBR

I do miss the rivalry, but the article opines about a bowl game if neither make the playoff. We've done that once in an Orange Bowl and I hated playing the Sooners a second time after notching a regular season win.

What the heck would you call it ... the Dust Bowl? ;)

we get to play them again in 2021...

GREAT rivalry... because typically titles were decided by the outcome ... during the 89 year history of the Big 8 conference, NU & OU combined to win 74 conference titles :wow:

Not quite the same without a lot riding on the game, perhaps a rival again someday... maybe in the playoff "sooner" than we expect ;)

Oklahoma! The only state to be named after a broadway musical!
Sooners

Only team to actually be named after cheaters.

Sooners who crossed into the territory illegally at night were originally called "moonshiners" because they had entered "by the light of the moon." These Sooners would hide in ditches at night and suddenly appear to stake their claim after the land run started, hours ahead of legal settlers.[1]

Those who actually observed the official start of the land run and began the race for free land often found choice sections of land already occupied by Sooners or, in some cases, by Boomers. Problems with Sooners continued with each successive land run; in an 1895 land run as much as half of the available land was taken by Sooners.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back