1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Oklahoma Joe's

Discussion in 'Max's Kitchen' started by KingTM, May 10, 2018.

1. KingTM

KingTM All Big 10 2 Year Member

I have an opportunity to buy a brand new Oklahoma Joe Bandera smoker for $165. Anybody have experience with this particular smoker?

2. chicago husker

chicago husker Scout Team 2 Year Member

Never seen or used one but did look up some info on it. looks like a great price especially new. I would be a bit concerned with heat variance from rack to rack but for that price i am sure you could figure that out in time. Also keep in mind (not sure where you live) but wind and cold will be a factor on a tall side load.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  3. KingTM

KingTM All Big 10 2 Year Member

Yeah, I think I'm gonna hold off a bit longer. I'm hoping to get started on finishing my basement soon and, if I can swing it, I'd like to build in an outdoor kitchen kind of deal on my patio that would include a smoker when I do it. In the meantime, I've been making some killer BBQ on my Weber kettle with the snake method, albeit in smaller quantities.

Last edited: May 15, 2018