• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OK State NT Darrion Daniels To Grad Transfer To NU ( Older brother of Damion Daniels)

Sure about that?

Every single one of your quotes BMH makes it very clear that he is talking about our issues in the pass rush not being related to the DL. Not that the DL has no effect on the pass rush. He believes they are part of the pass rush, just not that they are the problem (instead he believes its based on the OLB)

Every single one of your quotes BMH makes it very clear that he is talking about our issues in the pass rush not being related to the DL. Not that the DL has no effect on the pass rush. He believes they are part of the pass rush, just not that they are the problem (instead he believes its based on the OLB)
On that point we disagree. How many times this year did our DL push QBs out of the pocket? So it is very much a part of our problems.

Also when you say this.
I'm glad we got him too, to stop the run.
You are saying that he is not part of the pass rush. Otherwise you would be intelligent enough to add, "as well as help with the rush." Or something like that.

I'm glad that made sense to you, I was beginning to think I was typing in a different language. Looks like it was just a very limited interpretation issue.

I'm glad that made sense to you, I was beginning to think I was typing in a different language. Looks like it was just a very limited interpretation issue.
You could end the argument by just adding what I said in #138. You won't because you know that you disagree with it.

You reading your own interpretations into everything I type, it's kinda your MO. I'm going to end the argument by leaving it where it is because everyone else understands what I was saying.
I knew you wouldn't say it because despite your claims you don't believe it. LOL

Also when you say this.

You are saying that he is not part of the pass rush. Otherwise you would be intelligent enough to add, "as well as help with the rush." Or something like that.

Or it could just be a given that the people along the front line affect the pass rush.

If I say "Mo is a good receiving back", I'm not saying he can't run. I don't need to say "and he can run". Running backs run the ball. It's kind of their thing. I'm just pointing out what I think is one of his better qualities.

But if Big Mac is done trying to defend his position, I will be too. I just don't get why you are adding to what was actually said rather than just reading what is there. If you think he means something else, seems like it would just be easier to ask him...

Why all the questions? A veteran DT with good size is a good pickup going against teams in our division. Stopping the run and pressuring the QB all go hand in hand. With the attrition issues this can only help us. He isn't going to stop us from not being able to give scholarship to some big time recruit

Or it could just be a given that the people along the front line affect the pass rush.

If I say "Mo is a good receiving back", I'm not saying he can't run. I don't need to say "and he can run". Running backs run the ball. It's kind of their thing. I'm just pointing out what I think is one of his better qualities.

But if Big Mac is done trying to defend his position, I will be too. I just don't get why you are adding to what was actually said rather than just reading what is there. If you think he means something else, seems like it would just be easier to ask him...
Because his first statement about a great pick up for the Dline was this ridiculous statement.
Our pass rush issues have little to nothing to do with the DL
Since then he has tried to modify "What he meant". I asked him to just simply admit that the guy could also help our pass rush. Why is that a ridiculous request?

Why all the questions? A veteran DT with good size is a good pickup going against teams in our division. Stopping the run and pressuring the QB all go hand in hand. With the attrition issues this can only help us. He isn't going to stop us from not being able to give scholarship to some big time recruit
EXACTLY!!!

Because his first statement about a great pick up for the Dline was this ridiculous statement.

Since then he has tried to modify "What he meant". I asked him to just simply admit that the guy could also help our pass rush. Why is that a ridiculous request?

Your argument is just as stupid as the folks that were arguing that there really isn't 50 other things that are more pressing.

When everyone else understands what a poster is saying, but one person...maybe it's the one person that has it wrong.

HMM Bilsker did not understand it either
Our pass rush issues have little to nothing to do with the DL

then what IS the issue with regard to pass rush?

You said the past rush has "little to nothing" to do with the DL. That's just ridiculous. Even if you don't get sacks out of the interior you need them to, in a case or two, require a double team to free up the OLB. When they rush 4 it isn't JUST the one OLB they are sending that is not getting it done.
When wheat said that NG occupy blockers on a pass rush he responded.
A NG doesn't occupy blockers in a pass rush by holding his ground, he actually has to get to the QB. There were moments last year when we actually had Stille at NG on passing downs.
When Wheat said:
I didn't say "by holding his ground." You seem hell bent on defending a view that requires misunderstanding what everyone else is saying.

I'm glad we got him. I think he'll make us better and likely improve our defense against the run and pass. Beyond that, I'm done with you in this thread. Peace, brother.
So your boy said

I'm glad we got him too, to stop the run.

So when your boy had a chance to say that he would help with both run and pass defense. He disagreed making it ONLY about the run. So hmm how could anyone misunderstand that he also thought it would help the pass rush?
Then he made this ridiculous post.
Congratulations on setting up the perfect no win situation for the DL, if their numbers are too low they aren't getting to the QB enough and if they're too high it's because they aren't doing enough to occupy the OL. If our DL is getting the majority of the sacks wouldn't they be the focus of the opposing OL and eating blocks? It's a little telling that you don't have any numbers and aren't willing to find any numbers for yourself. Alabama 42, Nebraska 25 and Wisconsin 18. If we can figure out how to average .5 more sacks per game next year we'll be right there with Michigan and Notre Dame. It's possible I may not be the one who doesn't know how this works. I get it though, a thread on the board decided the DL is the cause of all our woes so I'm just supposed to just buy in and blame the DL, numbers be damned. I'm surprised no one has blamed the DL for the lack of student attendance this year. Those threads always make sense, around 4 games into the season the board had decided Ozigbo's 4.7 speed wouldn't get him into the NFL.

Let's start over since you have officially gone off the deep end with your "DL is responsible for the run game and the LBs are responsible for the pass rush". I simply said the DL has little to nothing to do with our pass rush issues, seeing as how many bodies the staff is throwing at OLB I'm thinking they agree. If we are going to rely on the NG to be the difference in the pass rush we really are going to need a Suh or Donald.....good luck with that.
Which literally no one had said. Now he wants to whine that people are misreading his posts? Come on...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back