• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio St. recruits

chicago husker

Da Bears
5 Year Member
I think this might change in the near future and hope we can take advantage of it.

National Rank
Prev. Year: 2Next Year: 2
Big-Ten Rank
Prev. Year: 1Next Year: 1
Avg. Rating
Prev. Year: 0.9429Next Year: 0.9591
4682286.png

Head coach: Urban MeyerDirector of Player Personnel: Mark Pantoni
Ohio (3)

Wonder if incoming players can be released from their commitment given the current circumstances?

I don’t think Ohio st. Will lose that many recruits. They will hire a top notch coach. Definitely won’t hire Bo Pelini. Bob Stoops might be available. I bet those recruits would stick around for Stoops.

Last edited:
Ohio state will still have the brand. Very few enrolled just because of the HC, but organizing and managing an outfit like OSU with its boosters and high profile takes a lot of effort and ability. And it can be screwed up. I doubt it will have any effect on their performance this year, and therefore, transition may be seamless.

I suspect that UM and his wife will both get good jobs elsewhere, and the other coaches that knew about it will not be harmed in any way and will soon be making their same recruiting pitches and denying everything should it even be asked of them.

Ohio state will still have the brand. Very few enrolled just because of the HC, but organizing and managing an outfit like OSU with its boosters and high profile takes a lot of effort and ability. And it can be screwed up. I doubt it will have any effect on their performance this year, and therefore, transition may be seamless.

I suspect that UM and his wife will both get good jobs elsewhere, and the other coaches that knew about it will not be harmed in any way and will soon be making their same recruiting pitches and denying everything should it even be asked of them.

I am not so sure that will work this time. After the Tressel incident and the Penn St. scandal the sweep it under the rug and move on doesn't work anymore.

The other coaches that knew about it are in the same boat as Urban if they didn't report it. According to Ms. Smith, every coach on staff back in 2015 knew about it.

A quick look at the coaching staff bios show roughly half of the current coaches were there at the time. I predict all of those coaches get fired as well.

The other coaches that knew about it are in the same boat as Urban if they didn't report it. According to Ms. Smith, every coach on staff back in 2015 knew about it.

A quick look at the coaching staff bios show roughly half of the current coaches were there at the time. I predict all of those coaches get fired as well.
Could be a strong possibility. I hate seeing things like this happen. However, there are consequences to actions and non-actions as well. Especially in a hypersensitive culture such as we have at the current time. That is not to say that it isn't justified, but as we have seen, guilt is certainly cast before anything is actually presented as fact.

I am not so sure that will work this time. After the Tressel incident and the Penn St. scandal the sweep it under the rug and move on doesn't work anymore.
Really? I hope you realize nothing happened to Ped state. They even had their probation truncated and wins reinstated

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back