• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Official LOI Signing Day Thread/ Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to give a big retired Air Force shout out to RR and the other recruiting sages for a great recruiting day, a great time, and a wonderful learning experience. I haven't had this much fun since fishing on an Iowa lake this summer. Great job!

A big retired USAF shout back at you my friend...:) It was a heckuva lot of fun....especially landing Peat...an extra Christmas present...:)

I want to give a big retired Air Force shout out to RR and the other recruiting sages for a great recruiting day, a great time, and a wonderful learning experience. I haven't had this much fun since fishing on an Iowa lake this summer. Great job!

Off topic, but I just got done listening to Ameer Abdullah's interview with Husker Illustrated and it was nice to hear him say Go Big Red and the very end!!

i second that! to bad its not a navy shout out :Biggrin:

Midway that's my bad. I worked at Stratcom so I can really give a retired shout out for Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Civilians! :Biggrin:

I was stationed at Stratcom from 94-96. Really enjoyed that tour... learned to resent the good life of my AF comrades though. Sheesh, they had that whole take care of your people thing down. :)

I was stationed at Stratcom from 94-96. Really enjoyed that tour... learned to resent the good life of my AF comrades though. Sheesh, they had that whole take care of your people thing down. :)

May have stood in the coffee line with ya. Worked in J2, J3/5 and J8. I'm a plankholder and left in 2006. I liked SAC better but the folks, of all services, were pretty good.

I left SAC for ACC (Langley AFB, VA) when Stratcom stood up in March 92....yup we do that...:)

I worked in the B-2 section....acquisition (when some of it was still blackworld)....we were all pilots and maintainers and a few supply guys....they later sent me to acquisition school as they wanted one or two of us to actually understand the stuff....:) Became my secondary AFSC....I was a Captain at the time coming up on Major (94).....we were bummed as we only lived in Bellvue for 9 months after an overseas tour in Japan...wife was near home too....we liked Va for the most part....my first daughter was born theri in 93....

Where did you work?

Hey, RR, so did I. Came back in Oct 92 cause wife said have fun out there.

I worked in the B-2 section....acquisition (when some of it was still blackworld)....we were all pilots and maintainers and a few supply guys....they later sent me to acquisition school as they wanted one or two of us to actually understand the stuff....:) Became my secondary AFSC....I was a Captain at the time coming up on Major (94).....we were bummed as we only lived in Bellvue for 9 months after an overseas tour in Japan...wife was near home too....we liked Va for the most part....my first daughter was born theri in 93....

Where did you work?

Back then I worked in SAC/IN. I had just retired in '89 and we had bought a home in 90 out along the Eklhorn River. Went to work as a GS in 90. Mine was the only IN billet lost in the conversion to Stratcom (I was special even back then, :) ). They created a postion for me at Langley in the IN shop and I went out there to get to know the area and buy a house and bring the wife out later. Brought her out in Sep 92 to look for a house and after a day in the traffic she said, I'm going home have fun. Got on the phone and called General Horton and cried, Help. Took a downgrade and came back to Offutt a month later.

Worked some black programs with the SAC/XP crowd and while at Langley.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back